Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Gives You Peace/Relaxes You?
Yup, agreed with the suggestions of music here. Music does a range of different things for me, it can relax me, or at the same time get me in the mood to celebrate/party. But, overall, it makes me happy, can lift my mood no end Smile

Another thing that relaxes me is going for long walks in the countryside around here, especially on a warm summer's evening with the birds singing. That puts me at peace Smile

The ocean also relaxes me. I can sit on a beach, watching the waves come crashing in for long periods of time. It mesmerises me, and I find it soothing.

I think it's all night time things... Laying on the beach at night, looking at stars, and sitting on a roof looking at the city lights. Those are also all things that humble me and remind me of how tiny I am compared to the vastness of what's beyond me.

Music helps, though I seldom listen seriously any more.

Watching little kids is a joy. They just make me happy. Getting to have a few words with the two little boys next door brightens my day.

Nature can be wonderful. This morning I watched a blue jay and a robin in the back yard. Don't know why but they just take my mind off of things.

Daydreamng can be very relaxing.

Now would someone tell me how to make these things last.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Music helps, though I seldom listen seriously any more.

Watching little kids is a joy. They just make me happy. Getting to have a few words with the two little boys next door brightens my day.

Nature can be wonderful. This morning I watched a blue jay and a robin in the back yard. Don't know why but they just take my mind off of things.

Daydreamng can be very relaxing.

Now would someone tell me how to make these things last.

When my father was alive he invested so much of his time on his floral gardens and his birdfeeders. He LOVED sitting on the back deck and just watching the birds or tending to his flowers and plants. A year before he passed he put out hummingbird feeders and sure enough they would visit frequently throughout the day as well.

I don't know if it would work for you, but it seems feasible that a way to make those peaceful feelings stay alive inside you would be to turn your enjoyment of nature into a hobby so you are able to cultivate that peace.

Just a thought LJay...

Cridders88 Wrote:Yup, agreed with the suggestions of music here. Music does a range of different things for me, it can relax me, or at the same time get me in the mood to celebrate/party. But, overall, it makes me happy, can lift my mood no end Smile

Another thing that relaxes me is going for long walks in the countryside around here, especially on a warm summer's evening with the birds singing. That puts me at peace Smile

The ocean also relaxes me. I can sit on a beach, watching the waves come crashing in for long periods of time. It mesmerises me, and I find it soothing.

Living in the countryside i guess i take certain things for granted but walking the dogs especiall on a summer morning sets me up for the day.

I too have a bit of a thing for the ocean even in stormy weather. i just dont get chance to see it very often

Going to an empty beach and watching the ocean. Swimming in it. Winter time is meant to be used for getting close to the angered waves.

Hugs do a whole lot for me, not that I get those....ever lol...well, not from the right people anyway...who the hell is going to be relaxed when your annoying aunt hugs you?

Music, always...the angrier I am, the angrier the music needs to be to calm me down :eek:
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

shyl4l Wrote:Living in the countryside i guess i take certain things for granted but walking the dogs especiall on a summer morning sets me up for the day.

I too have a bit of a thing for the ocean even in stormy weather. i just dont get chance to see it very often

Yeah, those Summer mornings on what promises to be a warm day, clear blue skies, lush green fields and birdsong, can't get enough of it. As I said, I like going for walks at the other end of the day in Summer too Smile

The ocean is at it's best when it is stormy. If I have the day off, and have the transport to go the beach when it is blowing a gale and pouring with rain, I am there. Watching the power of the stormy waves is just... enchanting to me Smile

Insertnamehere Wrote:Going to an empty beach and watching the ocean. Swimming in it. Winter time is meant to be used for getting close to the angered waves.

Hugs do a whole lot for me, not that I get those....ever lol...well, not from the right people anyway...who the hell is going to be relaxed when your annoying aunt hugs you?

Music, always...the angrier I am, the angrier the music needs to be to calm me down :eek:

Oh dear, yes, those hugs lol. Luckily, I don't really get those anymore. But yes, hugs definitely go on the list Smile

Yes, what I love about Music is that because I have such a diverse taste, I can choose different genres to best suit my mood at the time. Angry rock music definitely goes hand in hand with anger/bad mood. Trance music for me compliments me when I am in a happy mood or when I am feeling energetic. Then there are those times when I am in the mood for something more mellow or soulful. Either way, music is a big thing for me Smile

I guess it goes without saying that most people find music relaxing, and so do I. A combination of music with certain activities will heighten the relaxation. I like the accompany of music when I take a walk in the park, watching the rain pouring, listening to the sound of waves at the beaches, driving through the empty road late at night, okay, pretty much everything.[emoji3]

Music is nice...a long shower is nice too...peace and quiet can be quite relaxing...and a nap lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Forrelaxation nothing beats as long, deep massage in a genuine Turkish bath. I have fond memories of my visits to Istanbul:

The Cemberlitas Hammam;

It had built by Nurbanu Sultan (the mother of Sultan Murad III) in 1584. This elegant structure shows that it is the work of Mimar Sinan. The six-line inscription at the entrance of the bathhouse has remained with the original version.
The changing places have been closed with 18 meters wide domes. The square planned hot room (sicaklik) has got a cornered formation consisting of 12 columns. There are domed cubicle spaces on the corners. This cubicle spaces has been separated by couplet written marble separators.
Marble covered floor has been decorated with colored stones. The horizontal size of the middle stone is unequaled.
The Cemberlitas Hammam serves as a double bath (Consists of two buildings adjacent to each other including two separate sections for men and women).
It is one of the best, cleanest and most well maintained Hammams of Istanbul.
English speaking staff is working.
Discount applied to the tourists with international student ID. Credit card is accepted.

Phone: 0090 212 520 18 50 / 0090 212 520 15 33
Web: http://www.cemberlitashamami.com.tr
E-mail: [email protected]

The Hammam is open between 6:00a.m and 12:00 p.m.

[Image: b94a97630f58e10de64aa3f442c2d1f6.jpg]

Music? It depends on my mood of the time but Bach's "Goldberg Variations" or "The Art of Fugue" maybe.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams