Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What To Do?
Here is my story!

I met a guy online who is around my age. We spoke for a week. We decided to meet up for lunch at local resturant. He was 15 minutes late. Said he was sorry. We talked outside of the resturant for about 5 minutes. He showed me his dog, which happened to be in his car. He then told me he couldn't stay cause his aunt needed help with some down trees. Finally, he said email me and lets meet up Sunday if you are free. Well, I emailed him that night telling him that I am in fact free.

Well, he finally emailed me yesterday. He told me he'll email me back by 11pm with a time for us to meet again. Well, here it is now Sunday and almost 12pm. Still no response with a time or anything.

Is this a hint by him to tell me he didn't find me attractive and has no interest? What should I do?

maybe you shouldn't talk to him. if he likes you and he's attracted to you at all, then he'll talk to you...Confusedmile:

I wouldn't email him anymore. Wait for him to e-mail you, and if he doesnt... it's his loss. a major turn off to many is being desperate, so by playing it cool and just going with whatever happens, you won't give him the impression that you are when you are really not, but simply excited about meeting him. The dating games SUCK..... and not in a good way...

I agree, these dating games suck.

What that guy does could mean anything, he is too busy ,he plays too cool and hard to get , he hasnt made of his mind yet ect. Wait for his reply and regardless keep on with your search , this is the only you ll find that special guy for you. that's what i believe anyway.

Rejection is not what really pisses me off. It is the fact of them lying to me and throwing excuses at me. Telling me your aunt needs help? Then tell me to email you to setup a new date for Sunday and no responses? If you thought I was ugly, please say it. I will respect another man if he is honest with me.

Well no matter what, people are going to take the easy way out. They figure they don't owe anyone anything, so they will do what is easiest for them. It's pathetic, but true.

Yep! the easy way out. We might sound like a bitter bunch of dudes now but its so true. Thats human nature for you! Laugh1

Not many have the balls to be honest or nice and this makes dating for the ones who dont give up. I am convinced there are good people out there.

There are nice people out there, but don't let your own insecurities destroy the potential for a good relationship.

My partner really "tried" hard to push me away b/c of the damage done by previous true relationships.... being cheated on by one and being dumped by his ex basically saying "I told myself that I would never settle, and I'm not going to settle for you." The only reason I didn't say get lost with the crap he pulled is b/c I'm stubborn and saw potential.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm pretty screwed up in the head. . . and if he doesn't love me, he is a glutton for insanity. . . I'm a clutz, but like to be seen as a perfectionist, I'm driven and can be very cold and rude. . . and I do not like being touched/hugged/or stand close to anyone, and I don't know how to handle people that cry.

The one thing that neither of us did in the beginning of the insanity that is called our relationship is give the impression that we were desperate. We are both busy individuals, and when you at least give the impression you are busy, happy, and confident (even if you aren't), you come off being much more attractive.