Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your pet peeves?
Personally, most of the things that drive me crazy about the guys I've dated over the years involves electronic gadgets. I've been having dinner with guys in the past and they seemed to spend the entire time sending and receiving text messages. I kept thinking, wouldn't it be easier to just have dinner with those people and skip the middleman? I'm not one of those people who get worked up over a short phone call in the middle of a date, but it seems to be getting out of hand. Another thing that has happened is the guy you are dating is using your computer, you walk in the room, and there's a real fast click away from the website they're on. Of course, many people don't realize you can view the history and see that they were on gay dot com or squirt (actual sites "dates" were viewing while I was in the other room). Why even bother with dating or relationships if you're still into single's activities? On the one hand, all of this technology would seem to make it easier to meet Mr. Right. (Hasn't helped me at all, I haven't had more than two dates with one person in the last 3 years.) On the other, it appears to open the floodgates for non-stop incoming communications 24 hours a day, 8 days a week.

maybe you are dating the wrong guys,that would piss me of too,after the second time his mobile rang and it wan't important,that would probably be the end of the date.

as for my pet hates,I hate rudeness not so much with a partner but in general.

people txting during dinner is just rude, wether it is a date or not, same goes for multiple phone calls.

My big pet peve with guys I have dated is the random phone call:
usually goes as follows:
Phone rings and I answer: "Hello?"
BF: "Hey, what ya doing?"
Me: "Buying dog food. Whats up?"
BF: "Nothing."
Me: "Um, ok."
BF: "Do you miss me?"
Me: "Um, I just saw you an hour ago."
BF: "I miss you."
Me: "Uh, I gotta go, I am at the registar. (lie)"

Five Minutes Later Phone Rings:
BF: "Hey, what ya doing"

Relationship is over.

I'm okay with an occasional answer the phone or text but agree that people that go overboard get annoying. A few friends and I took a walk once, and one was on his phone texting or talking the whole time; and was always the type to be texting throughout hanging. Annoying.

People that don't use turn signals.

People who vote against their own interests because of propaganda.

People who twist your words around to argue without ever making any rational points; to add on to this, people that refuse to realize that the world is not black and white or argue opinions as if they are fact even AFTER they've been disproved.

Homophobes.

Fruit flies. Well, lots of bugs really, but fruit flies are so difficult to get rid of

Kaplan University commercials.

People who break promises (without valid reason)

Guys that say they love you over and over, but shut down as soon as there's a problem instead of trying to talk things out.

I'm sure there's more but those are the main ones of recent years Smile

People who eat shellfish. It's agin God.

People that don't vote is my #1 pet peeve. Silence=Death.

Telephones in any form...I resent them...they interrupt me. Reach out and touch someone else :biggrin: I am good for a minute or so and only if you need some information or something specific.

People who ask you to help them with a problem but really dont' want any help.

Negatively criticizing someone else's appearance or clothes or haircut...ARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I feel like pulling my hair out and that is kinda difficult because I usually have a buzz cut. I had to hear too much of it when I bartended and it drives me crazy and I am embarrassed for the person who is tearing other people apart...it is so unattractive and mean spirited . The way I see it...If I like you...I think you look great! If I hate you...I think you look ugly...If I have no opinion of you...I have no opinion of the way you look! :biggrin:

Not taking responsibility for your mistakes...It is probably the single thing that makes you a much stronger person but the people who irritate me the most in general are the same ones who think it is a weakness. I am not compatible with that personality type:biggrin:

Salt and Pepper added to any food

People that argue in circles, or argue the same point over and over even although they have conceded it.

People that vote the way they were taught/indoctrinated to vote. (I realise I used to do this, I will now actually sit down and have a good think about what I want and vote accordingly). I also used to be irritated by people who voted in an the-enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend strategy.... however, I can now see their point. No politician represents my views, so sometimes it may be better to vote to keep out policies that you absolutely don't want and get something mediocre than for policies you really do want.

People that say they are not homophobic but actually disguise it with underhanded subtleties and disingenuous actions. Actually, I could generalise this further and just say that people who say one thing but actually mean something quite different. (Sarcastic humour aside)

yea it is annoying to have a phone out while dating phones are like popular folks who want to draw your attention

People who talk non-stop.

People who are mean and think it's funny.

"Clinging vines" types that want to be with you every minute of the day.

Anyone out to convert/save me.

Anyone who tells me to "pray."

Close talkers, touchy feely, up in my grill people.

LOL. My biggest pet peeve with guys is when they turn psycho after I break up with them and then they start stalking me! UGH Rolleyes