Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do?
What do you do when confronted with awkward situations like sex? .. I was a boy watching with my sisters a movie called "Enemy at the Gates" when suddenly a sex scene happened .. and I was like, wtf .. can this movie get any more awkward ..it seems like people love to insert sex in almost everything where they want children to see it .. like they do this on purpose to take away a child's innocence and train them to be whores ..sometimes i ask myself why does society have to be like this .. everything about it has to be about devirginising a child's innocence and train us to be assholes .. can it not be about having to be a good example to your kids .. dont get me wrong im not saying sex is bad .. but everything has to be on their right place ..but could i be right .. lol .. .. or maybe everything about being a man screams about sex? and i just have to accept this? help me here dudes .. what am i missing .. lol ..

well i guess this message goes out to our fathers .. like .. dad, what brought me here? ..dad .. do i have to learn this to be a man? .. dad dad dad .. ? .. it takes a lot of courage to post in here .. i guess .. cos i wont be getting all positive feedback from you guys .. but all are welcome to react to this thread .. Beerchug

I've never had that sort of awkward feeling with situations like that as my parents didn't freak out every time it happened, I used to watch a lot of 18 films when I was a kid and never really thought about it. Iguess its down to how our parents etc dealt with it. Same as swearing or even fireworks with pets.

It's a parents responsibilty to monitor what their children are watching/doing/listening to, not the filmaker, programmer, musician or even the government.

Parents need to pay attention to the RATING for movies, and attention to what their children are watching and that the rating is appropriate to their age and maturity.

As for awkward moments in general? It happens from time to time. *Shrugs* I ignore it. Sex is a part of life. Awkward moments are also a part of life.

Move to the UK, where the whole internet will eventually be in their blocklist Tongue
Thought we were talking about what we'd do if our future kids were browsing bad shit on the web Tongue

The sex scene in enemy at the gates is so awkward anyway.

I've seen the film you are mentioning, Enemy at the Gates, but I don't recall the sex scene in particular, so I guess it was not so remarkable. I think sex scenes affect us in different ways, at different times. For example, one sex scene that I thought was violently erotic, at the time, I was young and learning about sex and my own orientation, was the (what we'd call subdued today, probably) sex scene in The Go Between. That left an impression on me at a time when I didn't know actively what sex was about; I'm sure I found it somehow both erotic and embarrassing as it created a stir in my pants.

Then there are sex scenes of gay sex that could be embarrassing to watch in the company of straight friends and family, whatever they might think of them and however much I think they should be mainstream. I still feel slightly awkward about a sex scene that I perceive another watcher in the room might feel uncomfortable with. But unless the sex scene is just a ploy to sell a film, therefore gratuitous, the sex scenes are generally there to move the plot about the relationships on. I guess that was the point of the one in Enemy at the Gates. Remind me, is it one where they are having sex while there's a whole lot of people around but they're trying to be discreet about it, because they are overwhelmed with desire, or need to be human in a an inhuman situation? I'm sorry, I really don't recall it, nor how graphic it was. There was surely a point to it.

knickerbuck Wrote:What do you do when confronted with awkward situations like sex? .. I was a boy watching with my sisters a movie called "Enemy at the Gates" when suddenly a sex scene happened .. and I was like, wtf .. can this movie get any more awkward ..it seems like people love to insert sex in almost everything where they want children to see it .. like they do this on purpose to take away a child's innocence and train them to be whores ..sometimes i ask myself why does society have to be like this .. everything about it has to be about devirginising a child's innocence and train us to be assholes .. can it not be about having to be a good example to your kids .. dont get me wrong im not saying sex is bad .. but everything has to be on their right place ..but could i be right .. lol .. .. or maybe everything about being a man screams about sex? and i just have to accept this? help me here dudes .. what am i missing .. lol ..

well i guess this message goes out to our fathers .. like .. dad, what brought me here? ..dad .. do i have to learn this to be a man? .. dad dad dad .. ? .. it takes a lot of courage to post in here .. i guess .. cos i wont be getting all positive feedback from you guys .. but all are welcome to react to this thread .. Beerchug
@knickerbuck. Can you analyse why you found that sex scene embarrassing or awkward, or any other sex scene you may have been watching in company? Is it maybe the fact that you know you know, or that you know they know, or that someone is supposed to know and it's not you? Something to do with the loss of innocence? Can you explain it?
By the way, I'm pretty sure Enemy at the Gates was not a film aimed at a public of children. I may be wrong, but maybe you were watching something inappropriate for your age, at the time. I wonder what you'd think of the sex scenes in Nymphomaniac... Talk about graphic. But then the point of the film is to find out whether she really is a Nymphomaniac, and why.

princealbertofb Wrote:@knickerbuck. Can you analyse why you found that sex scene embarrassing or awkward, or any other sex scene you may have been watching in company? Is it maybe the fact that you know you know, or that you know they know, or that someone is supposed to know and it's not you? Something to do with the loss of innocence? Can you explain it?
By the way, I'm pretty sure Enemy at the Gates was not a film aimed at a public of children. I may be wrong, but maybe you were watching something inappropriate for your age, at the time. I wonder what you'd think of the sex scenes in Nymphomaniac... Talk about graphic. But then the point of the film is to find out whether she really is a Nymphomaniac, and why.

ok ill be straight .. i guess you are right princealbertofb .. it was indeed inappropriate for my age and my sisters' age ... it was a war film anyhow and war is too deep for children to understand ..so i guess it ain't a surprise they included other scenes that were also not so keen for an audience that they didnt target.. it's a man's film and children are not men ... it was just awkward i guess that i had to watch it with my sisters .. but if i had to watch it by myself i wouldnt be so offended. but my mother always liked those kinds of films .. i guess she was just baptising us to the world of reality when she let us watch that film.