Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do to Restore your Confidence in Humanity?
Well, what do you do?

Would be nice to know.
I like to stay optimistic about humanity and the future, generally speaking.
I do tend to have bad days, like today, where I see what some people say and wonder if I'm even human...:frown:

watch the movie 'the color purple'

A good site to check out for when you lose confidence un humanity is [Image: www.givesmehope.com]. It has short inspirational stories and some really brings a tear to your eye.

[Image: l_7_givesmehope.com_19551_1367357338.jpg]

http://fb-troublemakers.com/21-pictures-...ity-11595/

RECLAIMED WORDS
Word otherwise offensive and made them meaningless.

Like fag or faggot. If I get called these names I just think someone is hitting on me. Also I tell people how gay their favourite sports are and get other people to agree Wink

Good thread, Genz... thanks for bringing this one on. We can all share our elating experiences.
Chocolate is one way to deal with it, but it's not terribly human.

I do one of three things!

1. Read books that portray humanity in such a completely depraved and hopeless fashion that my own views, in comparison make me somewhat happy.

2. Focus on individual kindness, such as a particular friend who's doing a great job at friending or that old woman I sometimes see handing out fresh bread to homeless people.

3. Cheesy movie time.

Thanks for the replies peeps. Confusedmile:

Chocolate, movies and inspirational/heart warming pictures/stories. Got it.Thumbgrin

Sometimes it's good to take a break from things that bring you down.

When the world starts looking like a cesspool,, I stop watching the news & avoid going to forums where angry people are constantly venting about religion/politics/etc.

When my perspective of the world gets back to normal, then I allow myself to jump back into the fray once again.

Actually gen i dont do anything but sometime it happens to me anyway. Smile