Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do to Restore your Confidence in Humanity?
Rawr Wrote:Funny you ask this question, it's been quite the stressful, demoralizing week, so I've found my self searching to restore my faith in humanity a lot recently.

I generally use the resources around me, to enhance my morale. For instance, I often listen to Jason Mraz's music or read his blog as I find him very inspiring. I watch films which allow me to think and get a better understanding of certain situations.

I don't always look for positive resources to get a more positive outlook, sometimes I look at more negative things and reflect on them.

Sometimes, I have no power in it. On Friday I had to get the train to get back home. Like most Fridays, I found my self arriving just as the train was about to set off. (normally leaving me with a 15 minute wait for the next train). I took a slow walk down the stairs as there was no point rushing, from experience I knew I wouldn't make it, and I wasn't prepared to run, just to be a second. Late. I slowly walked down and the train was still there, doors open. Confused I walked to the side thinking as soon as I walk towards it the door will shut. Confused I looked at the driver and he looked straight at me asking me if I was getting on. With a nod and friendly wave to say thanks, I quickly hopped on the train.

I know it's small, but sometimes it's the little things which remind you that there are nice people out there. My initial thought was 'oh great, yet again, I've just missed the train. Oh well, guess I'll just wait 15 minutes'. I felt bad I ended up holding the train a few seconds, but I'd never have thought it'd wait for me.

I'm still in debate whether I'm human or not though...

Wow, that is pretty unusual, and kind.

I guess it's possible most people wonder if they are human from time to time.

I do something that gets my adrenaline going, racing, skydiving, roller coasters, shooting, sex, any of the above.
Makes me feel better about life when I feel great.

Richard

I don't know really but when I look at my baby girl I forget about a lot of bad things ha ha ha
(●´∀`)ノ♡

We already know, I love everyone. Perhaps not all their choices and actions, but nonetheless, they deserve love. Sure they sometimes piss me off, but I can't hold a grudge for too long... it's not in me to do so.

I will beat some Ass, but it's only cause I love them <3. So my confidence in Humanity is strong, but their choices and actions...Perhaps not as much.

Just ask the Divine Tree.

Warning: I ramble and generalise in a most incoherent manner this post.

Humanity has both the best and the worst to offer the world, although it seems it is the worst that outweighs the best. I despair at the hypocrisy of the masses: the prevalent misogyny in the world such as the attack on the formers Australian's PM gender and male only golf clubs in Soctland etc; Constant war across the world where people are pawns causing untold suffering such as Syria and DRC with the abhorrent use of child soldiers etc; Corrupt and arrogant politicians enforcing their narrow minded prejudices on society such as USA where male tossers attempt to force their ideas on abortion on women etc; Religious fanaticism which denies Palestinians equality while Fundamentalist Christians trying to prevent gay marriage or Muslims warping minds to terrorism; CEOs who get paid obscene amounts while workers barely subsist, common really how much money do you need to survive when average workers struggle to put food on the table; health care available on for those who can pay and doctors who are more concerned about quantity of life that quality; The institutionalised racism everywhere which is so apparent yet blatantly ignore; Parents who expect their children to live their lives as they see and not accept them for who they by demanding sexual norms or career choices. And so my list goes on.

Yet in spite of this people are multi-dimensional and a rare smile, polite interaction between customer and assistant, the love shown to many pets, a rare stranger helping someone in need, etc.

If everybody could treat everybody else as a loving family member we would live a better society. While Communism has been discredited I believe in a community which accepts all and looks after all.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Get rid of the stupid people, politicians, corrupt CEOs, corrupt police, corrupt "lawmakers", drug lords, all such people as that, and shallow/vain people......and this planet would be a decent place to live then.

Mars is available, why cant we ship them all there?

It's the RED planet, they'd have to learn to be communists... Wink :biggrin: