Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do to Restore your Confidence in Humanity?
I meditate (try to anyway) I find that if I can bring some form of balance to my own little world then I can perceive the chaos around me more clearly, and hopefully avoid getting stuck in negative repetitive cycles/perspectives.
Doesn't always work for me though, I get caught in slumps too just like everyone else then beat myself up about it then start again! I'm a walking contradiction at times Disoriented

I am a luck vampire, so I simply recognize how lucky I am when everyone else's life seems to be going to shit.

I did have one experience that made me cry, and still chokes me up to this date:

After I came out, my ex-wife and I stayed together for a few months still, and only two months after I came out was Christmas. Our landlord was formerly her Uncle, and up until that point, I had sort of figured he didn't really care that we were there, as long as we paid rent each month, but he sent us a Christmas card, which he hadn't done the year before. I opened it before she had gotten home from work, and inside was the exact amount we had paid for rent that month. I still feel guilty I never sent him a thank you card.

Get rid of the stupid people, politicians, corrupt CEOs, corrupt police, corrupt "lawmakers", drug lords, all such people as that, and shallow/vain people......and this planet would be a decent place to live then.

Mars is available, why cant we ship them all there?

I look up insipirational stories to restore my confidence in the human race.

Krupt Wrote:If I could go out and leave my house unlocked, or sleep at night with doors and windows open to capture the evening cool breeze on a hot summer night, without having to worry about the scum of the earth think it is an open invite...my faith in humaity would be restored.

Until then, I shall remain a cynic and trust no one.

Wow....you ARE old!!!! LOL

I can remember when we used to go to the store and leave the front door (had a screen door) open or the windows up. That was a LOOOONG time ago.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD6mq69d6WH5YF-AZYHk-...0c-ptRr5zw]

Krupt Wrote:If I could go out and leave my house unlocked, or sleep at night with doors and windows open to capture the evening cool breeze on a hot summer night, without having to worry about the scum of the earth think it is an open invite...my faith in humaity would be restored.

Until then, I shall remain a cynic and trust no one.

I can do (But I live in a sleep out)

Kiid Wrote:I can do (But I live in a sleep out)

Whats a "sleep out"???

When I see someone hold a door for another person. When I see someone go out of their way to help an elderly person put their groceries in their car. When I see someone who picks up a piece of trash on the ground and dispose of it. I know this is going to sound cliche, but when i see our fellow man, and woman alike helping others, and having a sense of community, it makes me smile, and feel warm. Of course you have the selfish out there, and ive been guilty of it a time or two myself, but we are all capable of looking after one another, and that ladies and gentlemen is what I think would restore humanity

Funny you ask this question, it's been quite the stressful, demoralizing week, so I've found my self searching to restore my faith in humanity a lot recently.

I generally use the resources around me, to enhance my morale. For instance, I often listen to Jason Mraz's music or read his blog as I find him very inspiring. I watch films which allow me to think and get a better understanding of certain situations.

I don't always look for positive resources to get a more positive outlook, sometimes I look at more negative things and reflect on them.

Sometimes, I have no power in it. On Friday I had to get the train to get back home. Like most Fridays, I found my self arriving just as the train was about to set off. (normally leaving me with a 15 minute wait for the next train). I took a slow walk down the stairs as there was no point rushing, from experience I knew I wouldn't make it, and I wasn't prepared to run, just to be a second. Late. I slowly walked down and the train was still there, doors open. Confused I walked to the side thinking as soon as I walk towards it the door will shut. Confused I looked at the driver and he looked straight at me asking me if I was getting on. With a nod and friendly wave to say thanks, I quickly hopped on the train.

I know it's small, but sometimes it's the little things which remind you that there are nice people out there. My initial thought was 'oh great, yet again, I've just missed the train. Oh well, guess I'll just wait 15 minutes'. I felt bad I ended up holding the train a few seconds, but I'd never have thought it'd wait for me.

I'm still in debate whether I'm human or not though...

Rawr Wrote:I'm still in debate whether I'm human or not though...

you're a dinosaur ...