Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when you're sad..?
When you're sad or upset, what gets you through it..?

As of late I've been in a kind of bad funk. I've finally figured out
what to do with myself life/work-wise. So thats been positive,
but I've just been kind of down in the dumps about the whole 'not being in a
relationship-thing'. I haven't been in one since '09, and that didn't
even last for more than a month.

I know it's not a race and that when the right time comes
then I'll be ready for him. I just can't help but feel
that it'll always be like this all the time and that no matter
how far I go in life and all the things I accomplish I'll always
have no one to share it with.

So yeah, thats been in my head as of late. I try to ignore it
cause I can't really do anything to make it go away fully.

I tend to either get really introverted and keep myself occupied
with either classes or work [when I had a job]. I craft a lot, I like
to make things with my hands. I cook my own food and try to
experiment in the kitchen. I listen and play with music, I try to
l read, but it's really difficult to get into a story unless it has a really
good hook, but it's doesn't get my interest right away I tend to just drop it.

I also go to the gym religiously, working out helps a lot with the anxiety
and the blues. I always feel good afterwards.

I also meditate, light some candles and incense and reflect. I've been
Journaling, but it's coming out more like a collage of pictures and a few words,
than a real Journal.

I'm sure you guys have something you do to remedy the blues. Post
it here.. :]

It depends. If something is making me sad I generally try to categorize the problem. Is it something I could possibly change or is it out of my reach? If I reach the former conclusion then I simply try to change it, whether it means I have to confront somebody or work hard to change myself. If it's the latter I try to just accept it. When this happens I'm usually sad for a while before I can get over it. During this period I like doing any of the following:

1. Taking a really long walk while listening to appropriate albums.
2. Reading a really dark and depressing book. Somehow that's very cathartic to me. I think it might be because the characters are going through problems that are much worse than my own.
3. Taking a bath. I have no idea why.

Usually I want to be alone for several days during these periods but sometimes the company of friends can be sort of helpful.

I tend to make myself a playlist that starts of with depressing songs, and slowly moves towards happy songs. Music has quite an influence on me, so unless the situation is die it can usually adjust my mood, as long as it's not too abrupt. And with the sad songs at the start, I can wallow in self-pity for a bit before picking myself up and dusting myself off :3

I tend to let my sadness have it's moment. Cause a little gloom is healthy. I play sad songs. But after that i move on with my life. That's my thing and it works for me. Be sad a while then.......SUCK IT UP, lol

Mick

I indulge in some retail therapy.

I go out to a nice shopping area and have a sales assistant fired for being ugly, old, or as in one instance, having a gray tooth.

Simples!

I like to play violent video games such as Bioshock Infinite, Bayonetta, The Last of Us, Doom series, etc. If someone has wronged you just imagine its them you're shooting at in the game, it always works for me. I am crazy I know but it helps a lot believe it or not.

otherwise I would just go for a walk whilst having Reggie Perrin style fantasies of killing them (I never act on these impulses but find it helps funnily enough). Distractions are welcome, angry rock music helps as does some Metallica etc. Films and good TV shows can assist as well.

I tend to eat, lol. It's a miracle I haven't suffered some problematic medical condition because of that...

I do one of the worst things sometime - I open a beer until ive forgot what I was sad/upset about,,, not the way to go at all

when im sad i find a quiet spot and slowly drift into my mind. if its a solvable problem i look for any solutions, i look at what outcomes can come from which solution and choose the best one. if its something i can't change or fix, i focus on it until it doesn't bother me and i recall some of my favourite memory's to relax my mind.

Go to the gym.
Watch a movie.
Focus on a hobby.
Visit someone.