Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What film makes you cry
Is this the right Board ?????

What film makes you cry ????

"Who will love me children" does it for me every time

Who Will Love My Children? (1983)

Synopsis: Lucile Fray (Ann-Margret), is the caring mother of 10 young children. She is the loving wife of Ivan (Frederic Forrest), a man almost crippled by arthritis. She is also dying. Stricken by a terminal illness, she has only a few months left to live. Her husband, tormented by the painful truth, turns to the bottle and, with a broken heart, Lucile is forced to accept that he will never be able to cope as a father alone. And so, for the sake of the children she loves so much, the young mother must make an agonising decision. Inspired by real-life events, 'Who Will Love My Children' is a tribute to one woman's courage and strength - a story of sacrifice and of a dying mother's undying love.

[Image: p_who-will-love-my-children.jpg]

never seen it!!! but I will!

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe makes me cry!

Havent see that either... but will look for it.

Sophies Choice.
ET

those two get me pretty bad...

fjp999 Wrote:Havent see that either... but will look for it.

Sophies Choice.
ET

you haven't seen "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe"?

it's a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO GOOD!

GayComputerDude Wrote:you haven't seen "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe"?

it's a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO GOOD!

No GCD, I was referring to Who Will Love My Children? which I havent seen... of course I have see Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe. Brilliant film, wish they made them like that today.

fjp999 Wrote:No GCD, I was referring to Who Will Love My Children? which I havent seen... of course I have see Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe. Brilliant film, wish they made them like that today.

oh whoops .. haven't seen it either!

Star Twister Wrote:Is this the right Board ?????
Does anyone look bovvered? Wink

Quote: What film makes you cry ???? ...
These days, most of them. What a sentimental old fool I'm becoming Cry

I could easily add to this list, but perhaps I'll start with
Billy Elliott - for all sorts of reasons (the homophobia, the passion for dance, the chink in Julie Walters' armour, the politics, the family situations, Billy's ambitions, his friendship ...)

I cried most of the way through Mamma Mia too

To be honest very few movies make me cry, but I do find I get quite emotionally charged when I watch movies (I just don't show it).

The two that would qualify are :-

Schindler's List (when he breaks down at the end - that ALWAYS moves me to the point of weeping - he's such an amazing actor :biggrinSmile; and
Finding Nemo (when he's reunited with Nemo at the end and Nemo tells him he loves him - I did cry at that, but I've only seen it once, so odds are it wouldn't have the same effect a second time).

Don't get me wrong I wish I could cry more at movies - I don't know why I can't :frown:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I hold my tears back Big Grin .
Last film I cried at though was The notebook.

fjp999 Wrote:Havent see that either... but will look for it.

Sophies Choice.
ET

Agree with those two... and also, I'd like to add (but there are many films that move me to tears, generally they involve a father showing some sentiment to another member of his family)

* ORDINARY PEOPLE (by Robert Redford) -- absolutely BRILLIANT Donald Sutherland and Mary Tyler Moore...

* CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD (about this young deaf person who falls in love with a teacher in the school she works for) BRILLIANT William HURT (an excellent actore) and Marlee MATLIN (the hearing-impaired actress).