Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to the electric car?
I am not a car enthousiast myself but last night i was talking with mate about cars and we also start talking about the electric car. I remember a clip i have seen some time ago in youtube on 'who killed the electric car' which i found interesting. Electric cars have disappeard the same way they appeared in first place, quietly. Now i hear that Toyota has plans to get in production electric cars by 2009 but i have my doubts on how well they will be promoted to the the car market. It would be an amazing thing to happen. Will help the Global warming (which is a whole new thread maybe i ll start later)

what about the Hybrid cars, are there enough in the market and our streets?

Anyway here is one of the videos about the electric cars if you want to watch and say what think, i bet you know more on cars than i do.

Since I broke my car two years ago, I've not wanted to buy another one... For financial reasons and also for ethical reasons... But those hybrid cars are way too expensive. I suppose we should all get onto our bikes. Wish they came with the same degree of protection from traffic, and the rain.

Look at that Nissan Pivo2 in the video , i am seriously digging it! lol
Quote:Details: Japanese car manufacturer Nissan unveils its futuristic three-seat concept car 'Pivo 2' for drivers who find reversing and parking difficult.

The battery-powered concept car can turn its cabin 360 degrees, making driving and reversing easier than a conventional car.

The 'Pivo 2' can even turn its wheels 90 degrees, allowing the car to manoeuvre sideways thereby making it easy to parallel park without having to look back.

And just in case you get bored in the car, 'Pivo 2' is equipped with a robotic agent which can conduct a daily conversation in both English and Japanese with the driver.

Those of you who want to know the price of this driving miracle will have to wait a little longer because Nissan have yet to put a price on the answer to may people's driving nightmare.

Do YOU know what PIVO means in Czech???? lol; It means BEER :beer:!!!
Not a good idea while you're driving...
What's the Greek for BEER? mpira? (bira?)

Electric cars are not practical at all, simply due to the need to be plugged in lol.

Also they are UGLY things. They stand out a mile. If normal cars were adapted to electric cars, then it would be a huge success.

Hybrid cars are too much. But to be fair, they keep going on about public transport use it etc, but the amount of times some method of public transport fails and you need to call another one out to help etc each person might of well driven themselves. x.x
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

That is, if you're lucky enough to own a vehicle that'll take you somewhere.

Electric cars are not necessarily ugly .. the futuristic electric cars you could say they look weird but i think they are interesting.. the Pivo2 for example looks like an egg on the egg holder but twist itself around...even bad drivers can drive it and be mostly harmless. The only thing is that futuristic cars are to low in the ground i think. I d love to have one of these strange creatures... maybe in a few years time that i plan to get some millions in my bank account..not that hey cost millions but it's always to have some safety extra £££Cool

I have seen btw electric cars that look like normal cars.

spotysocks Wrote:Electric cars are not necessarily ugly .. the futuristic electric cars you could say they look weird but i think they are interesting.. the Pivo2 for example looks like an egg on the egg holder but twist itself around...even bad drivers can drive it and be mostly harmless. The only thing is that futuristic cars are to low in the ground i think. I d love to have one of these strange creatures... maybe in a few years time that i plan to get some millions in my bank account Cool

I have seen btw electric cars that look like normal cars.

But at the moment we cant cope with futuristic designs. Imagine trying to park the Pivo2 in london for example, I know it would be extremely hard in my street.

I meant normal cars as in the most popular such as clios and all that jazz :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

All cars suck = bicycles rule :tongue:

From what I hear.. you can't really go FAR in the electric cars at present... I don't think I could make it to work and back on one charge for example! So I'd probably end up stranded somewhere on the motorway!!