Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if your family finds out about your sexual orientation
My answer would be that of Harvey Fierstein in this clip :
at 4'30"

Josuepek Wrote:You are right but what happened if you got caught having sex by your day and you are not considerate as a member of family anymore?
What will you do ?

When did this happen? If you are 28, how did your father catch you having sex? It seems a little odd, but I guess it happens. How old is your dad? Is he too old to be of a generation that is more tolerant? Or is it a culture that is not particularly tolerant?

I'm afraid it's as [MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] says, you sever all ties with your homophobic dad and you start your own family made of friends and tolerant people, people who see the value in you and who know a person is not just their sexual orientation. I would actually also think that, at 28, you ought to be living your own life, away from your parents (give them the occasional visit, if atmosphere permits). You're a grown-up.

Occasionally, you check with your dad to see if he's become wiser, if he's done his homework and found out about what it means to be gay. He doesn't have to like it. Anyway it's not HIS life, it's YOURS. If you find he can't change and his attitude is still aggressive towards you, you drop him altogether. Otherwise be ready to educate him. Buy him a DVD of Torch Song Trilogy? Anyone who can't give you love and respect ....

Are you really living in Wales, and if not, what is the context that we may help you better?

I have and often still disappoint my family in many ways

However, my sexuality has never been an issue.

They have always been supportive of me, and stood by me through many tough situations. I am truley blessed to have such a loving and caring family. I honestly do not deserve them.