Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your height?
Charon Wrote:6'6" or 2 Meters. I always know when someone is developing a bald spot or needs their roots touched up. Also, I've spent almost 70 years dancing cheek to sternum. My sternum, their cheek. Just to give you an idea as to how tall inconvenient is...I have a pair of custom made boots that I wanted to come to just below the knee. That's 22". Also, I sort of know when someone needs their chandelier bulbs changed as I'm invited to dinner. In the market sweet little old ladies ask me to get the one on the top and, when I do, they get testy and say it's not the right one....I was this height when I was 13. think about it. I know there are many men who say they'd love to be my height and that might be true, however if they had to live it for six months or so they would find out it's not only inconvenient but expensive.

I'm sorry people treated you that way. I've had opposite issues being small. It's not so much my height as my small frame. People assume I'm fragile and can't do anything for myself. :/

183cm (6'0'')

I'm 6'4" (though I sometimes say 6'3", just so the shorties don't feel so bad.)

I really don't know why guys are only 5'10" (let alone shorter than that)....it just seems lazy. Especially like 5'9" --I mean really, just another inch and you could have at least been in double digits. And if you're already 5'10" or (certainly) 5'11", why wouldn't you just hang in there until you reached 6'??? It's just absurd to me...like going to a movie and leaving 15min before the end. Or taking a 4yr course in University and then quitting before graduation...you were SOOOOOOOOOOO close! Sad [sigh]

Mad props to you guys 6'6" and bigger though...I have some idea of the effort that goes into that. Bravo; you're an inspiration to us all. Wink (Well, all except those lazy short people, lol.)

High enough lol

6'5" or 196 cm

4'10" ... lying down.

When I'm vertical it gets a little fuzzy. I'm somewhere between 5'6" and 5'8"
For some reason my height measurements are never consistent.

That's funny Wade lol

I'm 6' 0''

5'5" ish. 165 cm if you prefer. I used to make fun of my friend who was 5'11" 1/2 for not quite getting to six feet.

5'6 fun size!

Charon Wrote:6'6" or 2 Meters. I always know when someone is developing a bald spot or needs their roots touched up. Also, I've spent almost 70 years dancing cheek to sternum. My sternum, their cheek. Just to give you an idea as to how tall inconvenient is...I have a pair of custom made boots that I wanted to come to just below the knee. That's 22". Also, I sort of know when someone needs their chandelier bulbs changed as I'm invited to dinner. In the market sweet little old ladies ask me to get the one on the top and, when I do, they get testy and say it's not the right one....I was this height when I was 13. think about it. I know there are many men who say they'd love to be my height and that might be true, however if they had to live it for six months or so they would find out it's not only inconvenient but expensive.

I am not quite as tall as you, but I am 6'4". I have had similar experiences with old ladies in the grocery, and I can definately attest to the inconvence factor. Traveling by automobile can be very uncomfortable unless the vehicle itself is very larg and roomy, and travel by airplane always leaves me with a backache.
I also happen to be of slight build; my size in jeans is 29"x36" and I have to order all of my jeans from online retailers, as VERY FEW shops carry my size. "Big & Tall" Men's Stores are useless, as they really mean it when they say BIG and tall.
People have often complimented my height, however they fail to realize how few things (furniture, cloths, vehicles, ect..) are made for a person of my size. I read an article years ago that said tall people suffer more back problems. All theses years later, I can verify that. The back problems come from us tall people trying to slump down to try and fit into a world built for people almost a foot shorter (sometimes more) than we are.