Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on?
We hear a lot on this site about one's coming out to one's kid sister or coming on to one's thirteenth cousin six times removed. We hear about relationship trials and family tribulations.

What goes on otherwise? Did someone find the holiday gift of the century? Have you painted your linen closet a new color known but to God and Sherwin-Williams? Have ou discovered an new wake to bake dandelion greens?

Let us all know. We could use a little ordinary and OK news once in a while. It might actually reduce anxiety over climate change, papal visits or the lack of Hanukkah candles in local stores.

What's up in your world?
I bid NO Trump!

Mostly been looking for a new job after quitting my old one. Also been starting a new relationship about 2 months almost. Playing a lot of online games also. Nothing to exciting in my world
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Not much going here...My sister is coming in for a visit for a couple of days...doing a very early Christmas...but on the bright side I am done with all my Christmas shopping...so that is a good thing.

Might not sound like much but had a 3rd dinner date last night. I think things are going very well and maybe just maybe that might become more than just dinner dates. I described it to someone like going bungee jumping for the first time...it sort of into the unknown for me.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

WayyyL (That's how they say it where I grew up: "Well," a two syllable word...)

• I've been busy. Much busier than usual. Just how and why that is seems to be a bit of a mystery. Fortunately I get paid for working extra hours. Lord knows I need the money.

• I've been working out at the gym when I'm not at work. Working out like a mother-f-er (for an old guy). Had my personal best in deadlift just this morning. Working out four days a week... often two to three hours at a time... followed by 20 to 30 minutes of aerobics. Amazing. Awesome. Unbelievable... and my body is showing results, too. <<< This is from someone who never gave a rats ass (and still doesn't, mostly) about athletics, sports, or any of that stuff. But for whatever weird reason, at this late age in my life, I've gotten really IN TO lifting weights and body building. Lord have mercy, how I WISH I'd done this 4o damn years ago!!

• I've been having some weird thoughts... Haven't totally sorted this out. Partly these have come about as a result of being on this forum. Its like, seeing how it is IMPOSSIBLE to affect some people. They've made up their minds that they're going to live a miserable unhappy life... and lord bless them... there is not a god damned thing I can say or do to persuade them otherwise. Blows my fucking mind. It really has caused me to call into question my hole "purpose" in life (at least so far as my forum participation). It's like, "why bother"? I mean, seriously? Why bother? People have the lives they have and they complain to high heaven about them. Whine, whine, whine. But DO something about it? Actually DO something? Look at it? Figure it out? Decide once and for all that you do not WANT to be unhappy your whole GD life? .... IDK, is it just me? Have I just become impatient? IDK. *shakes head*

N E Way.... that's just off the top of my head.

..............................................work.........................................................
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Mike, a "sort of" reply. I stumbled across an article jsut a day or so ago that has me thinking about some of the reasons my life is as it is. I should have figured it out a long time ago but since the influence has always been there it was simply too obvious. I imagine lots of people have things like this going on that make them unhappy. It is indeed weird to think about.
I bid NO Trump!

And what is going on here? I am thinking about popcorn and trying to understand how my roomie could have gone to an exhibition of Rodin sculpture and not been impressed. At least he says he prefers Leonardo.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:...I am thinking about popcorn and trying to understand how my roomie could have gone to an exhibition of Rodin sculpture and not been impressed.
:eek:

[Image: popcorn11lg.jpg]

LJay Wrote:how my roomie could have gone to an exhibition of Rodin sculpture and not been impressed

Well, I see the sculptures now on pics and I can't manage to care about them. Not one bit.

People are different I guess. :eek:
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Try a look at the Burghers or Calais and just try to avoid tears. I've seen it in person and it is powerful
I bid NO Trump!