Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on?
Pushing 60 painkillers in the last few days

The song i ruminated over with my overdose omg

i went to the groceries store today at a reasonable time when there's no crowds and it was exactly the opposite. turns out people start with holiday shopping the moment the calendar turns december. what is up with that? i don't start seeing christmas till it's 23rd or so....i haven't had a christmas tree at my house not once, or christmas lights or anything.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Buy gifts for people when you are supposed to. Not when you feel like it.

I have to agree Meridannight. Stores full of Christmas crap turn me off. Holidays, any of them, are more fun in my book if they do not have such long buildup, but provide a break from the routine and a chance to think about their meanings and origins.
I bid NO Trump!

I'm coming to ther end of my sojourn in London and will be returning to my home on the 16th December. In the meantime I am continuing to enjoy the cultural opportunities that a city like London can offer.

Last night I went to a wonderful concert at St. John's Smith Square:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John's,_Smith_Square

The performers were members of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment with the wonderful violinist Rachel Poger. We arrived a little early to find that those waiting for the concert were being entertained by a terrific five piece band: vibraphone, bass guitar, cello, drums and one member playing the saxophone and the clarinet. Some really great, improvised modern jazz.

The concert proper started at 9pm with just fourteen musicians on the stage. The programme was a piece by Vivaldi from L'Estro Armonico, a piece for four violins by Telemann, The Bach double violin concerto and finishing with Bach's "Largo" (Air on a G string) as an encore.

Fabulous atmosphere and nigh on perfect acoustics. What was there not to like?

I still have some things to do. We are due to see "Hangmen" at the theatre, said to be, in spite of it's name, to be the funniest play on the London stage.

Then probably the last thing will be the Queen's Gallery:

https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit...ham-palace

This to see "Masters of the everyday: Dutch artists in the age of Vermeer"

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I was recently told that interbreeding between the lesser races is very very bad. I did not ask what races those were. And then i blocked him.

well my Aunty busted her knee badly so me and my sister offered to take her and her partner to the cinema as a pick me up ...there's Christmas movie showing and Im a sucker for those...

Decided not to hate all those reality shows either or the strictly come dancing types too because I've finally realised that they do give pleasure to millions so im not going to slag them off anymore,

just waiting for an xbox one to arrive - big reason to buy it is because that's how me and the majority of friends actually talk to each other in real time - its all on headsets....there's about 5 people ive not actually spoken to in over 6 months...strange but true

One of the classes / modules I am doing this term is electromagnetic theory. I have a really good teacher but I was shocked when he introduced the Lorenz gauge as the Lorentz gauge. It is a very common mistake but not one I expected him to make, so I corrected him. Unfortunately for Lorenz, his work is often attributed to Lorentz. There is one particular equation that they both found, independently (I think Lorenz was first, though) relating the refractive index of a medium to its polarisability and it is called the Lorentz - Lorenz equation (I think it should be the other way around but Wikipedia puts Lorentz first).