Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the latest album you listened to?
Imagine Dragons (Artist) - Night Visions (album)

I was really looking forward to the album because I heard Radioactive and Demons, and those are such good songs.

Unfortunately, the rest of it was generic and felt like they copied entire bits from other songs. It also sounds really peppy through most of it...like cliche goopy Disney type of preppy.

Miles Wrote:Loveless is one of my all time favorite albums; every time I listen to it I hear its sonic architecture in a different way. It's really dense and at first listen it's pretty repetitive. The more I listened the more I picked up on buried melodies and entangled layers; texture is really a chief focus, and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I think when people call it one of the greatest albums ever made they are waaaay over-hyping it, which is a shame because it's a good record that people build up into something bigger than it is and raise people's expectations too high. That's part of why their third record took so long to finish - how do you meet people's expectations if they think your last record was the best thing ever?

As for the new Daft Punk, some of it's pretty good but nothing amazing. It differs from their earlier albums in that they used session musicians instead of doing it electronically and using samples, and it encompasses more varied styles, but still follows the approach of vamped beats and repeated vocal hooks with 'robotic' effects.

Last record I listened to was Nocturne by Wild Nothing. Some chilled out dream pop that makes for great driving music.

Yeah, the thing is, I don't think Loveless is a BAD album. I just can't appreciate it for what it is. Which is strange because I'm very rarely genre-biased... oh well. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Natalie Cole - Good To Be Back.

^^ Every track is a gem !

[Image: tumblr_lh667nureY1qd7gexo1_1280.jpg]

Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana - Shiina Ringo.

Probably the best J-pop album I've ever heard in my life. That genre is usually not my thing but, musically, this one was really cool and unusual! :o

[Image: ADRLTNG-DVTNL-HMNS.jpeg]

Devotional Hymns- Aderlating.

I still can't get into this kind of music no matter how much I try Sad

Now that I have spotify (not tied to a facebook since it's been buh-leted!) your description makes me wanna give that J-pop album a listen.

New albums I've been listening to...Yessir Whatever by experimental hip-hop artist Quasimoto (also known as Madlib), Nocturne by dream pop band Wild Nothing (yes, again), the soundtrack to the video game Fez by Disasterpeace, Black Bastards by the long-defunct hip-hop trio KMD, Angles Without Edges by Madlib's jazz fusion group Yesterday's New Quintet, Wakin on a Pretty Daze by psychedelic indie rock maestro Kurt Vile, and revisiting the classic Talking Heads album More Songs About Buildings and Food (the flow of that album is flawless).

Miles Wrote:Now that I have spotify (not tied to a facebook since it's been buh-leted!) your description makes me wanna give that J-pop album a listen.

New albums I've been listening to...Yessir Whatever by experimental hip-hop artist Quasimoto (also known as Madlib), Nocturne by dream pop band Wild Nothing (yes, again), the soundtrack to the video game Fez by Disasterpeace, Black Bastards by the long-defunct hip-hop trio KMD, Angles Without Edges by Madlib's jazz fusion group Yesterday's New Quintet, Wakin on a Pretty Daze by psychedelic indie rock maestro Kurt Vile, and revisiting the classic Talking Heads album More Songs About Buildings and Food (the flow of that album is flawless).

I want to get more into dream pop so I might check Wild Nothing out! ^^

Right after falling in love with the programe "Vikings", I had to find the music as it blow my mind away.

The band that did the music was Wardruna that is a "musical project based on Nordic spiritualism and the runes of the Elder Futhark. It was started by Einar "Kvitrafn" Selvik in 2003, along with Gaahl and Lindy Fay Hella" (Wikipedia).

The ablum from these guys I'm listening to is called Runaljod-Gap Var Ginnunga.

There is a gay link with this band too as the singer Gaahl came out as gay In 2008, which the mental sense hated..

Captain and the Kid- Elton John.

Mick

CD Just finished:
Sister Friction - Glamour...My Ass

now playing:
(various artists) - Sire Records & Out Magazine Present: Get Out

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwEAjqq0Mm8or2tMPj_XK...D-TtWipNwA]

From Gardens Where We Feel Secure, by Virginia Astley. I feel really cheesy for saying this but it's seriously like she managed to create the musical equivalent of a nice, calm summer's day. Really beautiful stuff.

[Image: 220px-Nunsexmonkrock.jpg]

Nunsexmonkrock, by Nina Hagen. Really bizarre but strangely really catchy and likeable.