Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with everyone... or me??
Hi all :redface:

soo... you all (or at least the users I chated with :biggrin: ) seems very nice and grown up and so on, so here is my question: What the hell is wrong with gays?

I'm chatting a bit on gayromeo (or planetromeo, if you want to call it that way). Is this site even known outside germany? Well... it's a site where you can chat with other gays around the world with private messages and so on...

well... first something to me: just moved to berlin a month ago, know nearly nobody here and want to meet some people to make friends. I'm not really looking for a relationship. Have just broke up with my ex. And I'm not looking for sexdates. I'm not in the mood and had enough of that stuff when i was younger (yes, i made a lot of mistakes in my life...).

Okay. I start chatting with a guy. It starts out really nice. Talking about all stuff. movies, the weather, tv, music, how we are, what we're doing. It works out really nice and I start thinking "okay, we understand each other, the chemistry seems to fit, maybe I'll meet him for a coffee or something." and than it happens: he asks me "What do you like?" I get skeptical, but okay, I answer it by telling him my hobbies, my favourite music artist and so on. But the reply just is: "No. I mean in the bed."

Why does nearly every conversation I start leads to sex? :confused: I don't want this to happen! I'm not sending out any signals no hidden double-meaning or something like that. Even those who say in their profile that they have a partner are starting to talk me into having sex with them... I just hate it and makes me sick and sad. (Yeah. my ex cheated on me too....)

So... is something wrong with me or with them? And happens this only in germany? Are gays around the world are all the same?

Please help me :frown:

It may be a man thing around men tending to express themselves more readily through sex or physical interactions. I do not know it could also be the trolling meat market culture of some internet sites. The bottom line is if you are looking for friendship join a local group/club that shares your interests and see what happens.Cool

I think gayromeo is a place, like many other portals that most people usually go to looking for one night stands... although, i met some really valuable people over the net, you never know

on the other hand it's interesting, why guys who would only like to go to bed with you want to talk about interests etc.

Yes. I don't know. It seems to me they want to lull you to sleep with them. First they start with normal conversation and then they get you...

But I'm too old for that, that's works with younger people maybe who think "hey he is nice, maybe i should meet him" :biggrin:

I don't think it is just you. I wonder if it doesn't say quite a lot about how desperate and lonely some people are. A few years ago, when the internet was very young, I used to chat regularly on Gay.com. At the time it was the only gay chat room I knew. It was a surprise that, no matter how carefully I described myself in my profile, so many men would only be interested in sex. It was as though they had never even bothered to read what I'd written.

As it happens, I met my partner, princealbertofb, on Gay.com, but not through the chat rooms. We were both subscribed to the message boards and found something attractive in the way each other wrote about real issues.

Yes, I really think a board like this one is better to find a partner. You can see and watch the other guys writing about other stuff, the problem with Planetromeo is that you are always just chatting 2-on-2. And my ideas about what you can chat are fast worn out.

That's why I wished that some more germans would be here :biggrin:

princealberto and marshlander!Spiny Roflmao :biggrin:

What's with them? Did they meet here?

Hon the internet is great for finding people you can blether away with, but how many of them actually become real, actual friends who know your birthday and know what you're thinking and are good fun to go out with is another thing.

You need to get out into the real world and start talking to actual people. Berlin is more than lively enough for you to find everythig you could possibly need if you just go out and maybe join a group or a night class or something.

And 24 is hardly too old to be doing anything. Except maybe dating high school pupils and going to underage nights...

Lightshade Wrote:So... is something wrong with me or with them? And happens this only in germany? Are gays around the world are all the same?
It happens everywhere I'm afraid, thats why I was very Undecided about joining such sites because the majority of the people I've ever seen on there are just there for sex...like theres nothing else in life to do with other people. I have no interest in sex (weird I know haha) but I'd love to have a relationship with someone...but the majority of people I spoke to in the past were Sex, sex, sex...no thought to a long term relationship...but I guess there's also other people out there who are just like those not looking for sex :biggrin: at least I hope