Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your dream car?
I apologize if there is a similar thread, I didn't find one while searching. I figured there may be other car lovers here, or that most people have a car they've always wanted, so what is your dream car?

Mine is currently a Lamborghini Aventador, kind of typical, and it ny choice changes often, haha.

Thanks for your participation! Big Grin

One that runs on air.

Rainbowmum Wrote:One that runs on air.

aren't those called planes?

*runs*
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

According to my actual dreams, it's this:
[Image: xw1.jpg]

Realistically, though, I would love to have a 1956 Corvette
[Image: 56red6.jpg]

I'm too gay to participate gurl lol, but I agree with Mama.

Coffee

I don't have a 'dream' car. Well I didn't until I got it. I was usually into what ever was practical and could be used as a work truck. I drove a 1969 minivan which I bought that came complete with shag rug interior, shag rug floor, shag rug walls, shag rug ceiling.... I understand that back in the day that is how they rolled off the factory floor..... :tongue:

The last vehicle I drove was a 1977 GMC suburban - I took all off all the chrome and signage off mine, originally way back when she came off the factory floor she was blue... But by the time I got her she was blue, grey primer and rust spots. So I sanded down all of the surface and took white house paint and brown house paint and mixed them to have a nice light brown color. I was later informed that the color is taupe.

A previous owner had had the rear bumber removed and a custom steel bar put inplace, customized because the tranny and frame had been beefed up to handle a 5th wheel so she has a complete tow package able to handle very heavy loads. In fact she ran better with her rear loaded up with drywall or plywood to the ceiling....

Front bumper was also 'adjusted' slightly to allow me to push other cars, trucks, large animals - whatever happened to get in my way......

She was also jacked up slightly with knobby tired, he actually took her places like across rivers, through all terrain. in order to go from two wheel drive to four wheel drive one had to throw her into the proper gear, then lock the front wheels by getting gout and turning the hub 'locks' which required a crescent wrench and a hammer... They were 'slightly' rusted.....

I removed the rear seat, and built up the floor 12 inches higher using 2x12 for the framing. The front part (where the back doors are) was lower than the rear cargo compartment, leg space - I made that all accessible with drawers to hide all of my tools. The space between where the transmission/Drive train 'hump' was was only accessible from the top, a great place to store nothing, or haul drugs, or illegal whiskey or something... LOL

Directly behind that accessed from the top where three 'hidden' storage boxes for stuff which I used more occasionally, like my mason tools. The back half the 'floor' could be removed giving me the space between the wheel wells to carry taller stuff.

Directly behind the front bench seat and accessible from the top was my 'hunting box' a 55 by, 18" by 10 inch deep compartment in which I could haul my hunting rifle, ammo and other accessories in full confidence that while the new floor looked like plywood, that compartment was containing a diamond plate 'rifle case' which was bolted to steel rods that went all the way down through the floor to the frame. A person could rip out all the wood but would still need an hour's work with a hacksaw to get that sucker removed.

Over the driver's side rear wheel wells were two circular holes cut into the floor that fit the dog bowls, one for water one for food. Sirius was fully stocked while going down the road.... It really didn't work as well for water as I had hoped, but the bowls stayed in one place except when I hit the railroad tracks.

On a good day, with a wind behind our back and driving downhill she got 7 miles to the gallon... Sweet... LOL. To compensate she had two 35 gallon tanks. The second one was 'hidden' meaning I had to open the back passenger side door to access the fill hole - illegal as all hell, but no one knew she was a Bug Out Vehicle.

She had great air-conditioning, one drove at at least 70 MPH with all the windows down and stayed cool on those hot august summer days...

I didn't know it when I got her that she would become my dream car... But I miss her and want her back....

If I had to choose, my first choice would be a Bugatti Veyron

[Image: bugatti.jpg]

That's just how I roll. Fast, sleek, and drop dead gorgeous! Rofl

An Indian Super Chief, or a Triumph Spitfire. And no, I won't pick something with more wheels.

The car I've dreamt about my entire childhood (even though this car is WAY older than me) is a Lamborghini Miura SV. A classic, and the father of the supercar.

[Image: lamborghini-miura-p400-sv_key_19.jpg]

Aston Martin V8 Vantage