Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I think of this?
So I checked my boyfriend's Facebook and he commented on another guy picture saying "sexy boy". I have no idea who this other guy is and I don't know if he is a friend of his but I'm really mad that he posted that and feel like confronting him about it.

I would let it go. Boyfriends and Husbands will look at eye-candy occasionally and may even flirt with them. I see it as an innocent past-time that doesn't hurt anything.

Now,,,, it he crosses the line and tries to hook-up with this individual,,,, then you have good reason to be angry.

Good Luck,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Once again, people who have not set any boundaries or rules down for a relationship.

I just don't understand it.

When you look at the property of another person, you have to be prepared to accept and forget whatever may be there. I'm guessing you're quite young, under 25, and you've not learned that a solid relationship is built on mutual trust. Were he to look at your facebook page, what might he find that would distress him? When you start off a relationship, and being a "boy friend" is at the bottom rung of having a relationship, with envy, over daunting curiosity and complaints to others about what you found then, sir, you are not very good boy friend material.

On another page, you accidentally point out the dangers of the very unsocial social media. People include things that they shouldn't, make comments that are very open material and are there for all to see and interpret. Just as sexy selfies, "only meant for another" are suddenly in the public media. A sensible person avoids FB like the plague as well as all the other of it's ilk.

I think it would personally give me a small twinge for a moment, but as stated before it could (and probably is harmless) I wouldn't do anything. Jimcrackcorn pretty well hit the nail on the head imho.

I don't care where he gets his appetite as long as he eats at home.

Trust is a basic requirement of any relationship.

You don't trust him which is why you did what you did.

Now you need to ask yourself why and consider your relationship!

adrian7 Wrote:So I checked my boyfriend's Facebook and he commented on another guy picture saying "sexy boy". I have no idea who this other guy is and I don't know if he is a friend of his but I'm really mad that he posted that and feel like confronting him about it.

If there's anything to gain from the experience of older folk it would be things such as this. Learning to establish, nufture and maintain balance in all things relationshipping including the realm of insecurity versus security, trust vs distrust, strict vs flexibility, etc is just that...LeArNiNg!!! Communication is key to sustainability. If you can't talk it out then maybe the relationship isn't even there (yet). If you can't sort it out in your own heart with conviction and decide accordingly you may not be ready for a sustained, mutual and healthy relationship.

Plant, prune, water, feed, weed, plant, prune, water, feed, weed yourself. Make some cute sexy comments! Dare to test yourself for growth. Better yet, do it in relationship with someone! I wish I could hug you. Smile
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I think you should talk with your boyfriend, communication is the key, tell him it made you feel uncomfortable, hear his explanation and if it is something that really bothers you set some boundaries like MisterTinkles said.

People are saying let go, you're young etc, etc, etc, that is all good for them because that's how they are, but we are all different, if it bothers you adress it, is not the big fights that destroy a relationship, is all the small things pinning up until you don't have any love left to fight for.

It confuses me that you have a BF but your info reads "single gay man".

Anywho, that phrase alone it's pretty much nothing.

Any type of cheating you will notice I can bet.

Also, why were you looking at his FB in the first place? That's invasion of privacy.

If you did it it's because either he has given you solid reasons not to trust him, in which case you already know; or you have trust issues which is not his fault.