Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
Ok, I havent posted a research question in a while, so here's one:

Lets say you are on one of these "chat sites", like Gayspeak.
Lets say there is someone on there who you find compelling enough to want to talk too.

A. What would you do to initiate them to converse with you?

B. What if they ignored or turned down your offer to be chat buddies or online friends?

C. What if they were possibly too shy to respond to you ?

D. What if they accepted your offer for chat buddy or online friend, what would be your next move?

E. What if you ened up liking them more than just friends, would you risk scaring them off by saying something, or would you just give it a "go"?

Please be detailed in your responses, it helps me understand better if I get details in how people think.

Thanks !!

Lets say you are on one of these "chat sites", like Gayspeak.
Lets say there is someone on there who you find compelling enough to want to talk too.

Maybe. I prefer to let others initiate first contact.

B. What if they ignored or turned down your offer to be chat buddies or online friends?

Respect their feelings. Let it go. Clearly there is no interest.

Depends on how I know that. If I have a solid reason to believe this, I may try again with a nice text.

D. What if they accepted your offer for chat buddy or online friend, what would be your next move?

Chat/Pm whatever and get to know eachother.

E. What if you ened up liking them more than just friends, would you risk scaring them off by saying something, or would you just give it a "go"?

I don't initiate. I never lead, make first contact - whatever. It is not in my nature. Taking it to the next level would mean I have drank too much wine or something.Xyxthumbs

A. I would send a private message. I am 66, have more liver spots than you can count, I hate guys under 57.
B. Laugh. The guy I loved has been dead for 15 years. Good news. He often comes back to see me to cheer me up. I get hardons looking at my favorite ghost.
C. If they are shy I would tell them I am a 66 year old virgin.
D. I would ask my cat Buster if he likes the photo of MisterTinkles. Hey, Buster, piss on that cat if you think he is ugly.
E. If you are dying to have sex with a 66 year old guy, you are lot more weird than I am.

My guy is in heaven and I am raring to get back together with him. He told me he just spent about a year going back and forth through Mongolian history. Said Mongols were fascinating guys.

PS At my age, it is easier to laugh than maintain an erection. Things droop, you might say. My spirit is willing, my body says "forget about it." Hope my cat meets a nice guy.

As far as all these questions go..they all hinge upon me making the first move. which I DO NOT do....at least not online. So I really can't answer. If someone contacted me first.....i'll be honest, it's 50/50 as to whether i'm gonna answer.....as says my sig. lol. just my personality. I can't imagine falling in love online Cause....HOW? I'd need that real face to face interaction. Maybe i'm cynical but...yea

Mick

Say hi to them while we are in the chat room with everyone elses. And ask them general questions if there is enough conversation to do so.

I'd give no fucks

It's the internet no one is that shy.

Chat.

Give it a go. Life realy isn't vary long so make the most of it.

hey its online, its as personal or as anonymous as you want to make it, I find it alot easier to chat and I find I can talk to anyone.

Whats the worst that can happen? Someone associated with a word that you see on your computer doesn't happen to respond.

It helps having some common ground to start with.
Also don't expect anything more than random conversation, if something develops from their so be it.

I prefer to let other people start the conversation. That way I know they want to talk to me. If I started it I'd get anxious o:

Then I'd stop talking to them? It wouldn't be a very big deal to be hoenst.

It's possible.

Chat to them and get to know them?

I think it's very unlikely that I'd ever start liking an internet friend in a romantic way. If there's no real-life interaction I don't think I could fall in love or anything. If I did I'd probably just ignore it, which is what I do with all crushes ._.
Although to be fair, I get even shyer when I like someone so it might not be hard to tell, even over internet :o

I would send them a box and type Hi wanna chat?

I would then carry on my night as normal as what u dont have u dont miss

You wouldnt be able to tell this from behind a computer screen on a chat site as when someone isnt interested they usually click "no"

To talk to them and treat them with the upmost respect and not say Hi wanna meet for a shag...? I would be more inclined to say Hi how are you? followed by im well thanks had a good day? then that would be followed by the opening of a conversation leading to the close where i would say... Ok take care and speak soon xx

I met my boyfriend on gaydar and we spoke for a month online before meeting up but it was meeting up as extra friends and met up for lunch and what hit it off for us i beleive was he didnt finish all his food so i asked if he didnt mind if i finished it off as my portion was small and no point wasting good food... When we came out of the resturant he said to me do you know what?? I replied what?? He said its wierd but the way we were in there you eating off my plate we were behaving as if we had known each other longer than just an hour and i said i know hehe and then he walked me back to my beat and said goodbye as i was at work and the next day he waited for me outside my office when i finished work and the time we had apart was drving us insane and tomorrow marks our third month anniversary together as an offical item..

kindest regards

zeon x

I'm shy in this respect, I let others approach me first.

Let it be, you can't force them to do something they don't want.

Well I'm shy like I mentioned before, so its a lose/lose situation there.

Assuming this did happen I wouldn't know, I would just take things as they come.

For some reason, despite being shy I'm not scared to tell people if I like them.

Not much, maybe just respond in the same threads with posts more directed towards them (If it's relevant to respond to their post). Also, if I saw them in chat, I might adventure in to talk to them. I'm not one to make first contact, so it would just be subtle things.

I wouldn't mind, I think I'd feel a little bad and silly for a few minutes.

Well, nothing would ever happen because we'd just be two shy guys being awkward penguins.

I don't entirely know, probably just chat.

E. What if you ended up liking them more than just friends, would you risk scaring them off by saying something, or would you just give it a "go"?

I probably wouldn't say anything due to shyness, though I guess it would depend on the person and how powerful my feeling for them are.