Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did you become comfortable with being...
We all know my lil story ~.~

I'm feminine, high pitch voice, Caribbean, Creole/Mixed, bit of a Bitch, like to have fun and can be a lil loud, but over all I love people (most days lol)

I had a rough upbringing and still live in a semi-rough area of my island, it could be worse;
loooooots of homophobics;

Nearly had my door knocked in when I was living alone nearly 3 years ago. I was 18-19 in my first solo apartment.

And aside from my lil High school drama and the guy I was seeing (ugh), I have had a pretty okay life, at least given where I come from.

I don't care about negative people or their opinions too much, but I used to, but I've since gave up trying to care, not that I did a whole lot to begin with.

I just do what I want, have lots of fun, talk to you guys here, since I sadly don't have many other gay people I know here; and just live my life.

Everyday struggles, some unique to my little isolated island, some unique to just me lol

But, everyday is a blessing and I'm just gonna shake this ass, and I don't care who sees me Cat3

Sheep

I was always ok with being gay, I saw it as no big deal. I never felt comfortable with coming out, I live on the bible belt and most of the people I know are conservative christian or just homophobic.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

During my early to mid teenage years I had quite a rough time accepting my sexuality. I always knew I had a thing for guys but I only began to give it some thought around age 13/14 because it never really mattered to me at any point earlier on. I grew up in a Christian household so anything that was even remotely associated with homosexuality was a no-no.

Eventually, I accepted I was gay and over the years I've become more comfortable with it. As of now I don't have any problems with it and I'm fine with myself. However, I'm not comfortable with the idea of coming out (right now) . I think remaining closeted for the time being would be better for the sake of my sanity...lol ironic.

So, to answer the question... Am I comfortable being gay? Yes, most definitely Smile

I... had a lot of trouble reconciling the fact I liked guys and tried very, very hard to date girls and do what I thought was appropriate for a teenage boy dating girls. Attending a Catholic School was hell and having a fairly high voice, so I'm told, made it worse.

Ugh I hated myself, I hated people who had control over their own bodies and felt myself constrained by religion - I was a prick, an arrogant stuck up prick at 16 and it took a fairly traumatic event with an exgirlfriend to remove that air and get me to realise that I couldn't be like that and keep my head above water.

Now, all these years on. I'm comfortable, and I enjoy my sexuality. I've got toys, people I can talk to about stuff from different parts of the world and I'm happy with my identity. I'm also very comfortable with myself and using those toys, something that would have been unheard of had I still been that arrogant prick from school.

I've accepted that it's a man who I want to hold me (etc). I don't want children, at least I don't think so. I'd be happy with a place of my own, a stable and loving relationship and my cat.

I never had a problem , even when I came out. Idk why some people get freaked out. I felt more free and honest when I came out.

I'm still struggling with it a little bit but am overall pretty comfortable when it comes to referring to myself as gay. It has taken me 10+ years to get to this stage though. It's been rough the last couple months but when I finally stopped pretending it came pretty quickly.

I became comfortable with it after coming out to everyone.
Nobody gives a shit, so I might as well do as I please. Right?

Oh, I never officially came out, I've never felt the need to. I'm me, and people can either take me as I am, warts and all or leave.

prolly in my late 20s. it was about becoming comfortable in your own skin. I never really had a "coming out" moment. I never announced it but then again, I never denied it either as an adult.

still going through that discovery period of life. I doubt that will ever end.

The day I came out.

It was a scary-nerve-wrecking experience to come out but it comes with a great outcome. I mean sure, not everyone will accept me as a gay guy but that is their problem. All I know is by coming out helps to release my true identity of who I am. I no longer need to hide myself behind fear whatsoever.