Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you are driving....
...what gets on your nerves?

UGH...I had text from another post I had to change above...

ANYWAY.....while I was sitting in traffic in Oakland yesterday..I started to freak out when I was stuck on one overpass after another...

Under one is even worse...(the earthquake factor)....

What stresses you or pisses you off when you are on the road?

The fact that the passenger won't give me road head

The driver behind tailgating me.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

We have these things called "Service Roads" here in NY/NJ (particularly popular in Queens, on LI, and in Westchester) that run parallel to the highway. I don't mind them unless you are fed off the highway into the left lane of the service road (which is generally also pretty high-speed) and have like 500 feet to cross three lanes of traffic to exit on right or turn at a signal.

Also, older highways (like Route 3 in NJ and the Merritt Parkway in CT) which have no acceleration/deceleration lanes so people have to slow to a crawl in the right lane to avoid those trying to enter and exit.

At night, drivers who get too close, wanting me to speed up or change lanes, but shining the headlights into all my mirrors and windows so I can't see to change lanes safely. I'm trapped there.

SAD! You didn't come visit me whens u wuz in the EB!?!

[Image: Baby-Gif-9.gif]

People who do not understand that speed limits are just that.
No, I do not have to yield because you want to go 10-15 miles over the posted speed.

People who have those damned halogen-or whatever they are-lights along with people who drive with their brights on at night no matter where they are.

Being prevented from changing lanes by people who have to speed and thus prevent others from having time to change lanes safely.

People who take off like rockets at stoplights and end up just ahead of or beside me at the next stoplight.

Pedestrians who not only insist on jaywalking but also do it diagonally to traffic putting themselves and drivers in danger for an even longer period of time.

Pedestrians who walk in the street when there are clear sidewalks provided for them only a few feet away.

My roommate who YELLS at other drivers while right next to me in a closed car. They can't hear him and it jangles the hell out of my nerves.

Cops who never drive at or under the speed limit.

People who, when I am trying to maintain a two second safety zone in front of me on the highway, take it as an invitation to pull in front at high speed.

People who brake for no apparent reason.
I bid NO Trump!

1.) Tailgaters

2.) Texters and cell phone users

I'm usually really laid back when driving. Someone asked me why that was, and I said "I try to spin everything into a positive thing." As I was saying that, somebody drove up and cut me off. "Like that right there," I continued. "I could get all mad that that person cut me off. Instead, I pretend that they REALLY wanted to get into my lane because I'm just that awesome."

Lex