Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you are driving....
East Wrote:These are all good ones...I could (and might) go one forever as driving is one of the last things that can really own me...I have to spend a lot of time trying not to lose it which is getting almost as bad as the driving...

I am afraid I will do something bad to someone one day sometimes....'

A few times now I wanted to kill (or hurt) another driver.....

This one guy on El Camino Real on my way to San Francisco decided to text for miles and miles... I couldn't escape him. He spent half the time halfway in my lane or the other one to his left. He was in the middle. I tried to speed up or slow down to get away from him and have a light in between us but everytime I managed he either caught up to me or I caught up to him. I wanted to pull him out of his car and punch him real bad....

He was threatening all of our lives. Seriously. If someone was intentionally trying to murder other people there would be no problem with someone trying to punch him or stop him but when this jerk is texting and CLEARLY forcing everyone to accommodate him because they might die if they didn't...it is called "an accident" if he actually hurts or kills someone else....

I would call it what it is.... murder.

Wow really? Seriously? All of this stress can't be good for the blood pressure. Strokes, Heart Attacks, early death....

You need to figure out a way to let this small stuff go and not let it get you that upset.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Wow really? Seriously? All of this stress can't be good for the blood pressure. Strokes, Heart Attacks, early death....

You need to figure out a way to let this small stuff go and not let it get you that upset.

Yeah...it is actually a bad idea in my case to have that kind of reaction....

The only thing I have going for me is that I recognize it but after that....I have nothing else to move me in another direction.

I was thinking about it after it happened..what could I have done? I thought about pulling over for a bite to eat to get away from him but then the other little voice in my head said "Why don't you stop and ask him if he wants you to shine his f*cking shoes while you are at it"....

I don't know how to reconcile my rage at people who force you to accommodate their bullshit except to ignore them which I am good at.....but when their bullshit can kill you it becomes impossible to ignore.

I am 99% sure I will never punch "that guy" but it is certainly satisfying thinking about it.

East Wrote:...what gets on your nerves?

that driver in front of me who starts to slow down when the green starts to blink. if he only kept going at the same rate we'd both get through the light by the time it turns red. fucking morons.

LJay Wrote:My roommate who YELLS at other drivers while right next to me in a closed car. They can't hear him and it jangles the hell out of my nerves.

i love guys like that. they're fun. i once drove with a Swiss chemist from Trieste to Milan and the whole long drive he kept yelling at every driver that got on his nerves. one of the most fun guys i've ever met.

Quote:People who brake for no apparent reason.

i agree with this one. i've had drivers in front of me keeping braking every 10 seconds and then needing to speed up again. what the FUCK is that about? can't you drive like a normal person at uniform speed?