Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where I've Been
Talk about having blessings to count! Better get a good calculator for this one!

It is amazing you survived and that Darin and your father got to know each other. You have an incredible future. Enjoy!
I bid NO Trump!

Your a little young to be having blood clots for no reason.

Have you discussed with doctor(s) what is causing this underlying problem so you can do something to keep it from happening again?

Yeah, I'm mothering you there - get used to it. Oh and for the record yes it is do as I say not as I do - I think that covers all that personal issues shit that may have popped up when I asked the question.

I'm glad you are alive. Yes, doctor is right, few people actually survive a thrown blood clot, that is some very, very serious shit there.

50 ponds in a month? Sweetie, that ain't good - that is very, very bad.

If your doctor is not aware of this sudden loss of weight, you need to bring it to his/her attention immediately.

And STOP IT - the ideal loss of mass is around 2.5 pounds Per week - that comes to about 10 pounds per month. 50 pounds in a month is what happens when you have starved yourself.

Relationship advice:

I don't know about you and Darin's relationship prior to this episode, however if this marriage thing is sudden and new idea since the ER visit and his heroic efforts to be a human being possessed with humanity, DO NOT jump into marriage.

Its too soon after this trauma to leap to anything. You just had a near death experience, you are undoubtedly feeling your mortality right now. You are also feeling strongly attached to this fellow because frankly, he saved your life. Let yourself process through this event, put a bit of distance between you and the 'I almost died, but my hero (Darin) saved me' episode before you decide on life altering course corrections.

ICU psychosis is not a new thing to me... It takes about month of contact with the real world for most people to totally shake it off. Which is another reason why I strongly urge you to not make any life changing decisions at this time.

Before you declare your undying love, propose marriage, whatever I want for you to take at least 30 days (starting now) to let it sit and go about the business of getting back to your usual life.

Right now you have a lot on your plate that you need to process through, this health thing isn't just a physical thing, it affects your intellect and your emotions in ways you may not be clearly seeing at this time.

Its ok to have these feelings, and its ok to contemplate marriage and stuff - but do yourself a huge favor and let a wee bit of time pass for now until you commit.

Please.

Thank you.

Swalter, Welcome back man, in more ways than one!

Glad you made it through all that with Darin at your side Smile

Sometimes it take an event like this to realise just how special people are.

Good Luck with the recovery

Sexydance

God Dammit, who changed the emoticons?????

ObW
X

Bighug glad to see you around!

awwwww you guys are such a cute couple!

I hear what you're saying, BA, but Darin and I have been together exclusively for the past 2 years, and have lived together for the past year and a half. I'm aware of people who suddenly fall in love with the person who saves them, but that's not really the case here. Also, we talked about marriage many times before this incident and it's something that's been on the table.

Regarding the rarity of someone my age having blood clots, and having a pulmonary embolism and infarction, I completely agree and am very concerned about my future. I know I have a lot of risk factors (sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, genetics, etc) and I was on DepoTestosterone to treat low Testosterone (I'm not on that anymore obviously), but all I can do at this point is follow the doc's orders, get in shape, increase my activity level, and quit smoking. June 18 was the last cigarette I had, and have no plans or desire to have another one. I quit drinking 2 years ago when I met Darin, and I'm quitting cigs now that I've survived a pulmonary embolism.

I'm going to have to be on blood thinners for at least a year, but it's possible I'll need to be on them for the rest of my life. It's a small price to pay, but I get depressed whenever I look at this giant daily pill container filled with the various meds I have to take throughout the day. And beyond being depressed, I'm afraid that the respiratory problems will return and I could have to go through all this again.

Fortunately, I'm scheduled to meet with a psychologist Monday to talk about all these things going through my head. I'm hoping some therapy from a compatible therapist, along with the right meds will put all this in the past and I'll be able to move forward with happiness, not stuck on this incident.

Thanks for the feedback and opinions, all!

Best of luck to you and your life together! I'm pretty sure that it will be full of happiness for the both of you from now on, at least we can hope so - but it sounds like you'll be together for quite a while. Smile

So glad you are back on the forum Smile

And sorry to hear you have been so seriously ill Sad all the best with your recovery.

You are so lucky to have someone like Darin that cares for you so much, continue to cherish each other and yes you should get married. Smile

glad ure back!

Welcome back! I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a terrible ordeal, I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you and those who love you.

Darin sounds like a wonderful guy and I wish you all the best in your future together, he's definitely a hero not only for saving your life which is remarkable in itself but also for being there to comfort your dad at such a difficult time.