Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will you be..?
Well we had quite a huge Xmas party... and the guest are still here (at least half of them) we do not plan a huge party since I go in the very same direction than MisterThinkle on that new year eve crap... it is just another day and the next day is back to work on a new trying year so we will be spending New year at home, eating left overs from Xmas, Watch the kids play with their new toys and enjoy the darn day with family and friend without abusing too much of alcohol. No resolution, No trumpets and Firework. As a business owner celebrating New Year eve is just like saying Yehhh a new darn fiscal year trying to find ways not to pay too much taxes lol. Really, on January 2 I have a board meeting so no excess is allowed Smile

Evan88 Wrote:Hospitals will be full again because of New Year-related injuries.
Only in the Philippines.. haha.

Yeah I remember some public events in Manila during new year eve - 1999, 2005 and 2008... damn you guys are just plain nuts hahahaha! I asked my son this year if he wanted to go see grandma and he said he preferred to keep all its members attached hahahaha... so grandma is here instead LOL.

I guess I'll be where I'm always - with my family. I'm always sad in the New Years Eve, don't even know why.

HumbleTangerine Wrote:Actually I'm just gonna spend New Year's Eve with 3 close friends. No partying or whatever, we're just gonna have dinner and some champagne. It feels sort of strange when you're used to going to a party to celebrate the new year, but I like this year's plan a whole lot as well! Smile

I know right? I've been out for the past NYE so it should be a nice change,
even though I am probably just gonna be home by myself..

I also kind of just wanna get back into job hunting again, the Holidays kind of
put a hold to that because a lot of HR people are on vacation and I can't get a
hold of anyone..

I know it's only a date-change for a lot of people, but I have lots of hope up
for 2014~

I'll go to bed at 10 PM as usual, then be awoken at midnight at the bombs go off and people in the neighborhood start screaming and blowing horns and other crap.

Last year a house three blocks away was having a small party - my windows were literally rattling with each Boom - Boom - Boom of their Mexican Polka Music. I'm hoping they ain't planning another party like last years party.

They least they can do is play Lady Ga-Ga and other more American Music.

I hate New Year Eve (I'm grumpy, yeaaah so whaaat?)

Everything's gotta be perfect, like the best party EVEEER. As each year, I'm going to do it with my friends from high school, as every year. One month ago, they were all in panic to know "what will happen", "where?" "what we will eat?", etc.
When I told them that we have time to decide, they were all saying that I was a troll (well, that's not new...) and that I was not nice to prevent the good organisation of the "New year Eve"

Finally it will be a meal with few friends, nothing more...for me, the most important is to see them. And the funniest is that it will be exactly the same as a meal at another moment in the year...

Argh social pressure about new year eve...humans are stupid sometimes.
Ekwarph evolves into Magikarp and leave me alone ><

Evan88 Wrote:Hospitals will be full again because of New Year-related injuries.
Only in the Philippines.. haha.

The Philippines is not the only place full of crazy people during New Year.....trust me...safe to say it's Pacific kind of thing?

Anyway, if I'm lucky I'll be home deliberately going to sleep before midnight, and hopefully I'll get to rage quit the dinner again...:biggrin:....unless family is on a different stance than they were on xmas

Ekwarph Wrote:I hate New Year Eve (I'm grumpy, yeaaah so whaaat?) Argh social pressure about new year eve...humans are stupid sometimes.
Ekwarph evolves into Magikarp and leave me alone ><

I second that

southbiochem Wrote:The Philippines is not the only place full of crazy people during New Year.....trust me...safe to say it's Pacific kind of thing?

Do they sell firecrackers that are pretty much like bombs to the public
over there in Chile too..?

justbry87 Wrote:Do they sell firecrackers that are pretty much like bombs to the public
over there in Chile too..?

they have been banned by law for ten years or so, but people still buy them in street markets...with all the Holiday Frenzy the police has little time to perfom proper fiscalizations and more often then not there's a few kids in the hospital with some burns..

I think they banned a bunch of firecrackers that were pretty much
insane and really dangerous, but people still make and sell it.

I'm not sure now, but I remember when I was younger, there'd always be
people who get bullet wounds from stray bullets from people firing off their
weapons in the sky.