Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will you be..?
Looks like we're having a party but think its just close friends so it should be good but not sure about weather to drink or not yet...

I'll end up doing the same thing I have for the past 6 years. Go to dinner with Myself and I, and then home for some movies or video gaming. Haven't had the urge to do any drinking for the past year or so, so I doubt I'll even get tipsy. I don't like to go out on 'holiday' nights because it's too much like amateur hour with people that can't hold their alcohol. Besides I rarely have anyone to hug and kiss when the clock strikes 12. Boo-hoo, poor me. yadda yadda yadda. Besides, 4 days after my life odometer will roll over again leaving me one year closer to the grave.

southbiochem Wrote:The Philippines is not the only place full of crazy people during New Year.....trust me...safe to say it's Pacific kind of thing?

Im not really sure but maybe in other countries like China etc, selling of firecrackers are moderated. But here, even if you are a minor as young as 8 years old, as long as they have the money, vendors will sell it to them..

The crazier the name, the louder and more explosive it is - Bin laden, Saddam, Goodbye Philippines, goodbye world etc..lol

Just last year 900 plus people were injured because of firecrackers and most are minors..

Evan88 Wrote:Im not really sure but maybe in other countries like China etc, selling of firecrackers are moderated. But here, even if you are a minor as young as 8 years old, as long as they have the money, vendors will sell it to them..

The crazier the name, the louder and more explosive it is - Bin laden, Saddam, Goodbye Philippines, goodbye world etc..lol

Just last year 900 plus people were injured because of firecrackers and most are minors..

lolz,

I heard theres 'Goodbye Beki' ones ;D

Hmm... Hopefully going to a party with some of my best friends... Unless I work. I forgot to book this week off (I was able to book most of the season off due to a surgery).

To be honest though, if I work, I work. I've run out of money because of Christmas, and I pay my own way in my house, and I need to start making money again. If I don't, my savings will start to disappear!

So either way I'll be happy Smile

Evan88 Wrote:Im not really sure but maybe in other countries like China etc, selling of firecrackers are moderated. But here, even if you are a minor as young as 8 years old, as long as they have the money, vendors will sell it to them..

Used to happen here too...now it's less as the whole banning thing is kicking in..

I meant more on the fact of the many many that get killed with the obvious drink and drive bit...most people here don't bother to control their drinking during Holidays and the car crashes and casualties sky rocket during this time

i'm gonna be at home

might have some friends over but i'm not sure yet

News years is my least fave holiday of the year, for 1 night a year people wishing you all the best for the coming year, its just fake and they just say it cos they are usually drunk and don't bother about you after that !!! plus I don't really like waking up in January, its usually wet and cold and nothing for me to look forward to until the summer festivals.....wow I sound a miserable sod,,, christmas was amazing though

matty7 Wrote:News years is my least fave holiday of the year, for 1 night a year people wishing you all the best for the coming year, its just fake and they just say it cos they are usually drunk and don't bother about you after that !!! plus I don't really like waking up in January, its usually wet and cold and nothing for me to look forward to until the summer festivals.....wow I sound a miserable sod,,, christmas was amazing though

Stop being a sod and accept my best wishes~! hehe

southbiochem Wrote:Used to happen here too...now it's less as the whole banning thing is kicking in..

I meant more on the fact of the many many that get killed with the obvious drink and drive bit...most people here don't bother to control their drinking during Holidays and the car crashes and casualties sky rocket during this time

People are stubborn here.. Chile has policemen with integrity, who do their jobs well.. Policemen here in the Philippines are the exact opposite, vendors will just give them money and they can already sell banned items.. Tsk tsk

Im not just sure with car crashes, its always about firecracker injuries.. Little boys losing their fingers and the likes...