Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where would you like to visit in Britain?
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Ok I change my mind. Newcastle sounds like a nice place to visit - Wink

why. whos mind. its what i think . you need invitaton to come .

you can come if you wont but not need to .its still good any way . it dosnot mattter i was just saying i like it

I would like to go back to Blackpool again. Smile

My niece in Cambridge (The town, not the school)

I think Stonehenge is the only significant place for me that I haven't visited, I've pretty much seen most of the UK other then Wales.

I would recommend Liverpool and Manchester for the night life and shopping alone.

On the tourist trail I think Wales is definitely worth a visit. Especially Cearnarfon and Conwy (Welsh spellings) Castles. Cearnarfon is supposed to resemble the palace of Constantine, the first christian Emperor of Rome with its hexagonal towers and the way the walls have been constructed with a band of red brick. Worth a visit also is the castle at Dolwyddelan (Pronounced Doll-Wyth-Ellan). The reputed birth place and strong-hold of Llywelyn the Great.

Lancaster Castle in Lancashire is worth a visit. You can take a guided tour of the castle including dungeons and the room in the tower where a young girl was hanged after being tried as a Witch in the famous Lancashire Witch Trials of 1612. The poor girl was so ill thatthey had to construct a special wheeled chair from which to tip her out of the window in the tower with the noose round her neck. Note, in England the custom was to hang witches rather than burn them. We did however roast a few Heretics, Catholic and Protestant depending on who was on the Throne at the time.

York too demands a visit with its fantastic Minster and Clifford's Tower - A medieval mott and bailey keep where around 1189 a couple of hundred members of the local Jewish community were masacared.

I could go on but space and time prevent it!

Blackpool, as I have family there. Of course I'd have to see London and Stonehenge while in the U.K.

no specific location
if it were easy to ship a motorcycle in from the US to the UK for a couple of weeks/months. Nice to ride about the island with only a gps. I know the population density is higher than expected, theft is an issue. The Brits drive on the left but in way i am more confidant riding than driving a car and would struggle with it less. Gas prices are higher too.

You can hire a bike, I've done it, but it was a while ago. Not aware that theft is a particular problem, and if you're hiring you'll be paying lots of insurance to cover that eventuality.

There you go, you've now got no excuse not to visit.

Dan1980 Wrote:What part of Wales have you been to? Smile

Bore da!

Stayed with friends in Cardiff and Swansea. Went to The Mumbles and had laver-bread for breakfast (deifinitely an acquired taste!).

Also stayed with friends in Fishguard, toured all around Pembrokeshire and fell in love with St Davids.

My last trip was the real pilgrimage - up the valleys to Llanhilleth to see where my Mother was born and raised.

Happy days! :biggrin: