Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is this anime character?
The redhead/ginger here with the yellow eyes who shows up in various forms (she shows up in the first couple of seconds barely dressed in anything and has a "skull-like hair clip" that she frequently wears in her many forms):

Oh! She shows up right there before you even play it!

I've seen her in a lot of YT AMV, and it only slowly dawned on me that many of her forms were that of the same person, and now I'm curious who she is (and what's going on, and what the deal with all those stars are). As long as I have her name and that of the anime she appears in I should be able to find out on my own, though I'll certainly welcome an explanation if anyone cares to provide one. Confusedmile:

I'm also curious about the brunette at :35 and in other parts of the vid (as in one vid it goes to her and her eye leads to the universe that intrigued me).

Thanks! Confusedmile:

Yoko from Gurren Lagan.

http://gurrenlagann.wikia.com/wiki/Yoko_Littner

That's her. I'm not finding the part of why she appears as so many people (maid, cowgirl, etc) and what the stars are about, but hopefully I will soon.

Ok, I've about given up. Either the scenes many use in making YT vids are from a video game or, as best as I can tell, they're taken from the episode Parallel Work.

Anyone know? Just to be clear I mean like2:00-2:04 & 2:13-2:20 here:

Of course there are more, it shows her in various forms (supermodel, cheerleader, musician, etc). Other scenes show her changing from one form to another (still her, but different dress), and I've seen one where she vanishes that made me think of some cyberpunk gridpilot (person projecting themselves into a virtual reality, typically called "jacking in") suddenly disconnecting so that I thought it might be a computer program, as did some scenes where she looks like she's in a Star Trek holodeck. And what is it with all those stars (both subtle and overt and like one where she seems to shoot one out of her finger)?

Sometimes they seem aware of each other, like the scene here (very brief, barely more than a second) where they seem pleased to see each other and yet their reactions aren't identical:

http://youtu.be/s0GJOOsmBmI?t=2m38s

Can anyone explain it? :confused:

So my understanding is that nearly all the Yoko Littner images are taken from a "single" or music video (and not actually part of the show), something to do with S.t.a.r.S, which you can see here:

So I take it there's no rhyme or reason to it. A few of the images do make me think she's taking part in some virtual reality, and I was curious about that. Especially if the "other Yokos" were more "Grid shadows" that she could program to act independent of herself. But I guess it will remain a mystery, I'm giving up on learning more.

Though if anyone can explain it, or even what S.t.a.r.S is, I'd be curious to see it.