Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your gay role model?
When you were younger who was your gay role model? However, if you didn't have one, who would you want your children to have as a gay role model? I think Ellen Degeneres is a great role model.

KD lang.....Love her to death.

Mick

Lily Tomlin......she has always been "out" and never made an issue about it...I love her for her brilliant mind and intuitive humor and for her political work.

James Baldwin. Intelligent, empathetic, thoughtful, and observant. One of the greatest writers of all time.

Jack McFarlin(?) from Will & Grace. He taught me it's okay to be Queeny Loveya.

Also, when I saw Noah's Arc for the first time at 15, 4 years ago, that totally opened my eyes all the way, because, aside from myself, I'd never seen a black gay guy before and to get a whole truck load in one package... I nearly fainted.

I saw a lot of myself in Alex & Noah and they inspired me the most(although the whole cast did in general as well). Being Half black, in a predominantly black society, it showed me a new side of things, as before I watched it, I was under the assumption Homosexuality was a white person's affliction and being half white, I figured it just came with the territory so to speak.

I grew up literally on the cusp of change in my country, of racism, sexism, homosexuality and so on. It was only about 50 or so years since White & Black people here were allowed to get together without being persecuted and as a child of biracial origins, it wasn't always easy, since I technically fit no where and didn't know where I was supposed to go. I suffered identity crisis early, not sure if I was black or white.

So watching Noah's Arc really opened my eyes and I would credit that movie/series with helping me be who I am today, and ofcourse due to the awesome parenting of my Mom & Grandmother :p .

I wouldn't say I have an idol...
But I absolutely love Wanda Sykes!
And Ellen Degeneres, those two are...Just so funny and inspiring at times.

Ooh.
That's easy.

Tinky Winky, of course!

:biggrin:

[Image: tinky-winky.jpg]

LateBloomer Wrote:Ooh.
That's easy.

Tinky Winky, of course!

:biggrin:

[Image: tinky-winky.jpg]

So true! Him and his fab purse :3

He even has the upside down triangle :p

QueenOdi Wrote:So true! Him and his fab purse :3

He even has the upside down triangle :p

And don't forget the purple outfit!

Smile

But seriously, these days, my boyfriend has been quite the role model for me. Learning lots from him every day.

Love him to death.
1luvu

LateBloomer Wrote:And don't forget the purple outfit!

Smile

But seriously, these days, my boyfriend has been quite the role model for me. Learning lots from him every day.

Love him to death.
1luvu

Oh yes darlin, that outfit is to DYE for lol.

Aww... That is so sweet , I'm so jealous Smile.