Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who???????????????
Nope, not dream. Just checked with Wiki:

"It was established in The Deadly Assassin (1976) that a Time Lord can regenerate twelve times before permanently dying - a total of thirteen incarnations. In the 1996 television movie the Eighth Doctor explicitly said that a Time Lord has "thirteen lives". "

Have also just Wiki'd it!! Great minds and all that.

It does also say though that the Master had managed to get around the 12 lives restriction, I'm sure it will be worked around if needs be!

BiPenny Wrote:Have also just Wiki'd it!! Great minds and all that.

It does also say though that the Master had managed to get around the 12 lives restriction, I'm sure it will be worked around if needs be!
Sure, money changes lives ... Wink

marshlander Wrote:It would take a Whovian to be able to answer the question definitively, but I'm sure there was one story in my youth where it appeared he would regenerate thirteen times ... maybe it was just a bad dream?

Bad dream lloll but you still watch it yeah ? Confusedmile:

12 times I thought

Matt is the 11 Doctor as far as I know

I will have to double check now xx

I have just found this......

How many times can Doctor Who regenerate?? - Yahoo! Answers

According to the 'rules' set out by the old writers, a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times, meaning a total of 13 different forms.
However, in the current state of things, the old writers didn't expect the Time Lord homeworld to be destroyed, so what they thought seems to be irrelevant.

Now, since the Doctor is the only Time Lord left, he has complete autonomy on the Eye of Harmony, whose only remaining link is deep in the Catacombs of the TARDIS. It is the Eye that gives a Time Lord the ability to regenerate and so if no-one else is governing it, it's up to the Doctor how long he lives.

Does that mean were both right Remybussi

Confusedmile:

xxxxxxxxx

marshlander Wrote:Nope, not dream. Just checked with Wiki:

"It was established in The Deadly Assassin (1976) that a Time Lord can regenerate twelve times before permanently dying - a total of thirteen incarnations. In the 1996 television movie the Eighth Doctor explicitly said that a Time Lord has "thirteen lives". "

Sorry didn't read this far, got all excited Confusedmile:

I'm sure that if the next series is as sucsessfull as the last few, they will bend the 12 lives rule somehow.

Question: who would you like to see play the role ?

my choice would be Sandi Toksvig. I just think she would be brilliant.

Like i said on a different posting! there's only 5 episodes of David Tennant's left...a 2 part Sarah Jane, Dr Who:The Waters of Mars(i think that's what it's called?) & a 2 part Christmas Story. & as 4 Dr Who it could continue on as long as there's some1 around 2 play him! look at James Bond! different guys've played him & he STILL continues.