Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Americans are so Obese
I am watching this program on the BBC and it basically states that Americans are such an obese country, the reason why, they get over powered by the sense of smell and they can't see past that and have to eat.

I must admit when I went to Las Vegas and San Fransisco last year, it wasn't a pretty sight. :eek:

I have also recently found out that the Americans rarely travel as they don't have a passport, could this explain things why Americans are so Fat?

americans i think are obese at times because they do larger food portions than that here... Also accordsing to an article in a paper a few weeks back fat americans are suing high street fast food chains for making them fat!... WTF!

I wouldn't necessarily call it lack of travel, just lack of getting up and doing things. Plus large food portions and I think there's an incredibly large amount of misconnceptions about eating healthy. When I went to Japan you actually got a pin for eating this burger at McDonald's because it's so large, but in America it's obviously no big deal. I forget which burger it was but it was a big one. Lol. Moderation isn't well understood around here. On top of that people don't like to be responsible for their actions so we tend to blame it on someone else, like the fast food companies, instead of taking responsibility and solving the issue ourselves.

And so we have my reasons for wanting to become a dietitian. xD

Cause they eat too much crap, end of lol

I would say send jamie oliver over.... But he just came back to UK crying in fustration lol... Stupid sod try gordon ramsey he will use any F U C and K word in the book and make a meal out of americans... His fab in his swearing moments being blunt...

zeon Wrote:I would say send jamie oliver over.... But he just came back to UK crying in fustration lol... Stupid sod try gordon ramsey he will use any F U C and K word in the book and make a meal out of americans... His fab in his swearing moments being blunt...

Hahaha I saw that was so funny

Super size me

Just saying

Americans are fatter because we got use to a laborers diet during our industry boom, but as our jobs became more office related we didn't adapt our diet or physical activity to match.

Sent from tapatalk

I think its partly because health food is so much more expensive here than junk food (you can get a 52 + oz cup of soda at any corner street marker for a dollar or less...same goes for the majority of fast food items (I swear though, for the life of me I will never understand why people love McDonalds and their toad burgers) while veggies, fruits and the like can be quite dear.....its all about what's easily accessible and what isn't

Of course, then there is the fact a good majority of us are lazy SOB's who would rather erode the sofa's upholstery with our rear ends than get up and actually do some exercise.

Lol blame the media. They advertise all kinds of fattening foods that contain things that could stop an elephant's heart. Burger King's not helping any at all by coming out with a hot fudge sundae with bacon on it *face palm* Vending machines and billboards advertising fast food are everywhere.