Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does L come first in LGBTIQ
Ok, this has been bothering me since they changed it from GLBTQ to LGBTIQ

Why does the L come first?

If we want to start this should it not be in Alphabet order?

BGILTQ?

Ladies first!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I think that's lesbian feminism Confusedmile:
it doesn't bother me

I've seen the whole thing scrapped more often in favour of simply "queer." I also usually leave out the Q anyway, and I think the LGBT thing varies geographically.

hmmm who knows maybe its because you see more girls kissing than men i guess

but it doesnt bother me

I am still don't really understand why I, as a gay man, I am classed together with transsexuals?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I am still don't really understand why I, as a gay man, I am classed together with transsexuals?

because both groups are discriminated and are socially associated Smile

fredv3b Wrote:I am still don't really understand why I, as a gay man, I am classed together with transsexuals?

Transgenders

OrphanPip Wrote:I've seen the whole thing scrapped more often in favour of simply "queer." I also usually leave out the Q anyway, and I think the LGBT thing varies geographically.
I start to identify as "queer" instead of "gay". I believe queer is a more inclusive word and it describe me better since I have on and off feeling for girls. Also, "Queer" already includes all LGBQT ( that is why we have "queer study" instead of "LGBQT study". )
However, the "Q" in LGBQT does not stand for "Queer", I believe it stands for "Questioning". I don't think we should leave "questioning" out since they have a very big population in LGBQT community and they face similar difficulties and discrimination like all of us.

You are not classed together with transgender or anyone. It is simply that we form a community of people who do not the privilege that heterosexual have. The LGBQT community is one of the most diverse community so of course you are not like any one in the community.

I don't think it matters at all. It's like if you say "the gay communitty", it's the same. :]