Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierd Cravings
I just got my liverwurst craving and went into a feeding frenzy trance..and it is as intense as it always is....

I do love liverwurst and love a liverwurst and horseradish or spicy mustard sandwich anytime but when I get the cravings I MUST have it NOW and I like to eat it plain..though I did have some crackers with it this time....

Other cravings I get quite frequently...

The clam chowder at Sizzler...i think they use 1/2 and 1/2 and also some of the clam juice for more flavor...and none of those nasty hard potatoes they usually put in most clam chowder....the flavor and spice is intoxicating....

I used to crave fried clams as well but I had to get over it. Howard Johnsons used to have them but they all closed and the West Coast is NOT the place for clams...tried them everywhere and they all suck....

Another one...fresh squid/calamari with the tentacles...I like it steamed and marinated with vinegar and spices and I like to get it FRESH on the wharf...it has to be fresh or I don't like it....I can eat two pounds of if (but it takes me the whole day.....I can do a pound fast LOL)

There are others....I get these cravings that come on really strong and I will pretty much do whatever it is I need to do to get them sated....

Do you have any cravings?

At my last job I'd frequently crave green olives with pimento stuffed in them... and I don't even like green olives! The cravings were so strong and frequent that I bought a jar and put it in the fridge. I eventually threw them out because the cravings were only at work. Once I got home I had no interest in them.

As to other foods... I generally pick what I'm going to eat by which condiments I'm craving...

Mustard, ketchup, Ranch Dressing, Thousand Island, Horse Radish, ... and I LOVE cilantro. I put it in most everything.

fresh milk and fish cakes (in this case, the fish cakes I like is called "Pempek")

there's a farm not so far from my house, around 5-10mins drive. once I crave for fresh milk, I MUST GO THERE RIGHT AWAY, once I knocked on the door at 10 pm just to buy their milk and they have to give me the spare milk they have because they already sold everything to a dairy industries (they took it at all at 6 pm)

as for fish cakes (pempek), I've gotta buy from a certain store because they served the best pempek, but if they're out of it, I've gotta "import" it from Sumatra (pempek came from a city in south Sumatra and I live in Java) and pay a really high price for it because the pempek must be sent overnight in a special packaging so it won't go spoiled

^^^That made me think...Organic Milk!

I don't usually drink milk at all BUT every now and then I must have a carton of organic milk...it seems like an entirely different beverage. No aftertaste...you can leave it out of the fridge and it lasts for up to 90 days....it has an orgasmic effect on me when it is ice cold

The temperature they boil it at makes all the difference...

This thread is not at all what I thought it was going to be. Sad

I'm getting suicidal reading this. hahahahahaha!

I don't fantasize about wild sex when I turn off the lights and get ready to sleep. It's always a plate of french fries as thick as much thumb, drenched in catsup, at triple decker cheeseburger loaded with grease and everything that can be put on one -- a giant bowl of home made chili with a mound of hot peppers on top -- and an giant pork chop with gravy for dessert.

lately i've been craving for eggs. they're not in my meals very often, even though i like the taste. i think it's been months i last had eggs, and the past few days i've been looking for ready-boiled eggs in the grocery store but never found them.

East, try the liverwurst on rye bread with a little mustard and some thinly sliced onion. The stuff is addictive.

Meridiannight: Place eggs in a pan of cool water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and turn the heat off when they come to a boil. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse in the coldest water you can get, even put ice cubes in it. Then put them in the fridge and, when you want one, crack the large end of the egg first and peel. Easy. Cheap. Good food.

I get a craving for good blue cheese, particularly Roquefort. It is a good idea for me to buy it in fairly small pieces because I will eat it all. Diabetics are known for polyphagia, which means you want to eat all the time. Not easy to deal with. If there are munchies, they won't last, but I am very susceptible to boiled eggs, cold meats, olives or other pickled things, cakes and cookies, just about anything deli, potatoes in nearly any form...
I bid NO Trump!

I have these weird food cravings that pop up really infrequently. Like Twinkies. I'll get a craving for a Twinkie maybe once every two years. Then I'll eat one, and I'm done. Don't even have to have the second one in the two-pack.

One strange one that I tend to simply ignore when it pops up is Grape Nuts Flakes with Mocha Mix instead of milk.

Lex

are y'all preggers?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!