Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you be ALONE on CHRISTMAS?
I will....It has been my 21st Lonely Xmas.. what about you guys???Confusedmile: and what are your plans ?

Instead of spending Christmas alone, go donate your time at a local shelter. They often need volunteers to help serve food and give our gifts, etc. It will help them and in turn help you and you wont be alone.

I will be spending my 9th Christmas with Wake, and our little boy. We will be splitting out time between Wakes and my moms house (good thing they live very close to each other).

Í´m alone on Yule ..and I´m alone on 24 Dec. ( in Germany the 24 DEc. is much more important for most people as christmas on 25 and 26. )
I like to be alone on these days.... Its my 12 yule / christmas alone with me :-)
I´m invited for the evening of 24. DEc by my parents in law... but I don´t go to this invitation.
My man goes.... and thats Ok for me....
On Yule I have to do the rituals ..and on 24 .. I´m reading and surfing the net...

As vegetarian it is disgusting for me to be invited to dinner... smell of meat and seeing Bones from some poor geese or whatever.... no need for

bigsteve89 Wrote:I am far from my family. Although i will be in China, i will be spending christmas with some students of mine who want to learn about the festivities Smile

wish you good times in China..

fenris Wrote:Í´m alone on Yule ..and I´m alone on 24 Dec. ( in Germany the 24 DEc. is much more important for most people as christmas on 25 and 26. )
I like to be alone on these days.... Its my 12 yule / christmas alone with me :-)
I´m invited for the evening of 24. DEc by my parents in law... but I don´t go to this invitation.
My man goes.... and thats Ok for me....
On Yule I have to do the rituals ..and on 24 .. I´m reading and surfing the net...

As vegetarian it is disgusting for me to be invited to dinner... smell of meat and seeing Bones from some poor geese or whatever.... no need for

Just do what you like. and enjoy EVERY DAYCry

AirBorn Wrote:Instead of spending Christmas alone, go donate your time at a local shelter. They often need volunteers to help serve food and give our gifts, etc. It will help them and in turn help you and you wont be alone.

I will be spending my 9th Christmas with Wake, and our little boy. We will be splitting out time between Wakes and my moms house (good thing they live very close to each other).

That sounds great ... I will try.. Thanks ~

i dont think its such a big bad spending a few Christmas days alone and everyone should have the skills to do it. Just know it will not work for your whole life.

it could always be worse:
you could be trapped in a bitchy straight marriage, or any toxic relationship for that matter.

Nope I am not alone this year. Will be spending it with the extended family of the Spousal Unit, with the Parental-Unit, the Sibling-Units, the Niece and Nephew-Units....Wink

1994 was the only holiday season I spent alone and lonely. 1994 was not a good year for me, it accumulated in my death on December 30 of that year. A Wednesday. I hate Wednesdays now....

In previous years when I was single I spent my holidays at "charitable" institutions - homeless shelters, soup kitchens, or visiting the sick and infirm at hospital, retirement homes and further back visiting the terminal ill on the Christmas day.

My first lover and I also went around visiting the terminal ill, so not all years in a relationship was it spent in the traditional manner of being around the home tree.

pellaz Wrote:i dont think its such a big bad spending a few Christmas days alone and everyone should have the skills to do it. Just know it will not work for your whole life.

It can be a very intresting experience .... and alone does not mean sad, lonely or isolated. The first time I was not secure about my own feelings... Christmas / Yule means normally family, tons of food, no time to be for yourself and in many cases disputes and wrong expectations like "christmas has to be like every year in my childhood "
And if you are for yourself you have lots of time.... hearing the bells ringing, watching people going to church or back home, seeing the lights in the windows, candles, christmas trees... it is so peacefully. Going through empty streets.... if you want you can go on a highway with your dogs :-)
And if you are spiritually... you can be spiritually.... normally I go on the fields at midnight, watching stars and sky.... burning some incense-sticks... and thinking back to my parents, my grandma, people and animals I lost.... and a few times this evenings my phone rings.... my man... some friends.... so you feel your own being and thats what means yule or christmas for me.

no ill be with truman

Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory" (1966) 1/6 on youtube

yeah ill be alone unless because of some miracle i guess