Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolves should stay in sveden
Simply why... People don't think, everyone want to turn everything to their profit, or just the thrill of killing. A man can buy meat in a store, I would like to see a wolf do the same. Most is just moronic macho men trying to impress anyone, but don't understand the deeds they're doing. I wonder what Greenpeace has to say against this.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

dfiant Wrote:I couldn't read it, but when I went to the link and saw the photo I was heart broken. I love wolves, they are a beautiful animal, how can man be so gutless to slaughter an innocent and defenceless animal.

Why can't we walk behind those that slaughter animals for no sane reason be followed and slaughter themselves, after all they are really the dangerous animal in this mix of man and wolf.

So poetic Wink .

I agree, and on the news last night or night before last, I saw Donald Trump's two sons pictures next to animals they had killed in Africa and they said they were proud, because they love to hunt Sad . I wanted to slap them in their rich, snobby faces, because that's so cruel... how can someone be proud of killing anything? Even an Ant.

These wolves, though somewhat dangerous, should be left to their devices and they'd leave them alone as well. They were poking those wolves with a stick and now because they poked back, they're scared and want to kill them, how sad.

(Sorry about Mathias Zet :frown: )

fenris Wrote:It seems people misunderstand the question instead "should wolves stay " answer yes ... should wolves be killed "no".....
:frown:

I think it's just a general fear people have of an animal that could kill a human.
And hunters that are looking for a reason to hunt them.

It's ridiculous.

They try and do the same with foxes here.

Although wolves ARE more dangerous than foxes, it's still no where NEAR justifiable to slaughter them because of it.

As long as people travel in groups in known wolf territory and make sure not to panic if they see wolves they should be fine.

They should learn the signs of if wolves are trying to hunt them.
Like being circled by a pack.
And learn what to do if they find themselves in that situation.

You don't kill an animal pre-emptively to protect people; you only kill an animal if it learns to hunt people, which 99.9% don't.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

i just dont believe in killing animals for my benefit - the other day my mother wanted to put slug powder and when i found out i was cross - surley there's other ways to deal with an animal problem besides killing them or moving them / call me awkward but have they tried any other methods ?

Wolves are highly intelligent and only hunt for food, they are where we got our domestic dogs, I have been around wolves yet never had a problem with them as long as I didn't challenge their area, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Here in the mountains there are brown bear and black bear, fox, coyote, lynx, bobcat, cougar, wolves, and wolverine among other predatory species. Invariably, some jackass who has grown up in a cement and glass canyon comes along to insist that he or she knows how to protect the natural world better than those who have grown up with the wilderness at their doorstep and who have maintained that wilderness for several generations. These jackasses bring along lawyers and environmentalists who also grew up in cement and glass canyons to make laws about the flora and fauna of the region . . . this is despite the fact that that same flora and fauna once lived where the cement and glass canyons are now. And each year one or more of these jackasses from the cement and glass canyons wanders off into the wilderness and is eaten or gored by one of the animals "that people SHOULDN'T be afraid of". The saddest thing about this is that the poor animal has to be killed because of the stupidity of the jackass from the cement and glass canyon.

Here, we have a great deal of wildlife and most of that wildlife can be hunted including the wolves. I am very glad of this for one reason: as long as there are people who want to hunt those animals for sport and/or food, there will be people who want to maintain a healthy population of those animals for that reason. In accordance, the state issues hunting licenses based on the number of a particular animal in that region. The money that is made from selling those licenses is used to protect the nature of the region. It is in the places where people view animals as a delicate ornament to be preserved that those animals are eventually pushed out of the way for the sake of convenience or stuck in zoos as a curiosity.

Here is a picture that was taken a couple of years ago near where I live. I love both of these animals, but I also respect them because I know what they are capable of. Please dont be a jackass.

[Image: Bear2.jpg]
[Image: 169699.jpg]

Edit: What you should know. The Swedish are not trying to "exterminate" the wolf population there.

Sweden culls its resurgent wolves

Grey wolves have made a comeback since hunting was banned
Swedish hunters have begun culling wolves for the first time in 45 years after parliament ruled that numbers needed to be reduced again.
More than half the quota of 27 may have died on the first day alone with nine shot dead in Dalarna and up to nine killed in Varmland, Swedish radio says.
Hunters have until 15 February to complete the cull, which will leave Sweden with an estimated 210 wolves.
Some 10,000 hunters were reported to be planning to take part in the hunt.
Hunting in the county of Dalarna was halted as the county's individual quota was nine wolves.
Varmland's quota of nine "may also have been filled", the radio reported later on Saturday.
'Five injured'
In Dalarna, hunters reportedly injured another five wolves.

Every time a hunter shoots and hits a wolf he has to report it to the county authorities, so they can keep track of the local cull.
Earlier, hunters insisted there were measures in place to prevent them shooting too many.
"There's a lot of regulation, hunters have to check the quota every hour," Gunnar Gloersson, of the Swedish Hunters Association, told Swedish radio.
Nevertheless, the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation was critical of the decision to proceed with the cull, saying it was against EU legislation as the Swedish wolf population had not reached a healthy level.
A formal complaint was to be issued to the EU Commission, Swedish radio said.
The hunt is timed to end before the mating season, which begins in mid-February.

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

The hunt-problem with foxes is here the same.... Ok ... Foxes are a problem for me... last year they killed 9 chicken and 4 ducks. I thought at the next night "Let the dogs out".. Dogs out.... after a time I heard them barking in the garden... and my dogs played with three fox-puppies... for more then 14 days every night the same. It seems that my dogs are not really guard dogs
:redface:

Genersis Wrote:I think it's just a general fear people have of an animal that could kill a human.
And hunters that are looking for a reason to hunt them.

It's ridiculous.

They try and do the same with foxes here.

Although wolves ARE more dangerous than foxes, it's still no where NEAR justifiable to slaughter them because of it.

As long as people travel in groups in known wolf territory and make sure not to panic if they see wolves they should be fine.

They should learn the signs of if wolves are trying to hunt them.
Like being circled by a pack.
And learn what to do if they find themselves in that situation.

You don't kill an animal pre-emptively to protect people; you only kill an animal if it learns to hunt people, which 99.9% don't.

fenris Wrote:The hunt-problem with foxes is here the same.... Ok ... Foxes are a problem for me... last year they killed 9 chicken and 4 ducks. I thought at the next night "Let the dogs out".. Dogs out.... after a time I heard them barking in the garden... and my dogs played with three fox-puppies... for more then 14 days every night the same. It seems that my dogs are not really guard dogs
:redface:
Awww.
Cute.:biggrin:
Shame about the ducks and chickens though. But Foxes have to hunt SOMETHING i guess.

We have some foxes here in London. A few normally travel through the communal Garden to my building at night.

There were a few incidences reported on the local news last year where foxes had wondered into people's houses while looking for food and attacked people(Normally the people attacked were asleep or i believe in one case, if i remember correctly, a baby).
These people then started calling for the foxes to be wiped out or at least reduced in number because they were "becoming too brave".
I'm not sure how killing a sizeable chunk of the fox population would make the survivors less brave to be honest.

But meh, some people just like revenge and hide it behind being a "solution".:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

We have ALOT of mountain lions where I live....it is illegal to kill them and the population has grown. A couple years back there was an incident with a mother and I think it was four cubs running around an elementary school just before class started and they did kill the babies...it was heartbreaking. Usually they shoot them with a dart to tranquilize them and move them elsewhere. At the local place where everyone walks or jogs a while back there was a couple with a tiny dog walking and they realized they were being stalked by two young mountain lions behind them...they had a cell phone and used it....thing is...when you co exist with these beautiful animals you have to use precaution and educate yourself...not too much to ask. I got in a standoff with a coyote one night outside my house...he was moving sideways back and forth in a semi circle and I was standing there hoping he wasn't gonna rush me....he ran away.

As for wolves...they are so beautiful...I would not condone killing any of them.

Generally I think if an animal is native to an area it should be preserved as a species and protected. As we move into their homes we deem them to be "dangerous" when we are the only real danger.