Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Ocean Day
Today is World Ocean Day!!!

Today is to support the cause, in regards to the treatment of our oceans and the animals who live in them.

This is especially important to me, as was World Turtle Day, as I love animals and water is second nature to me [living on an island surrounded by it].

Make sure you dispose of your waste appropriately and efficiently, not dumping it wherever and hope it goes away. Keep the oceans and it's inhabitants healthy!

Also, keep an eye out when out on the water for marine life, as boat propellors are a #1 cause for trauma, scarring and death of an unsuspecting marine animal!

Msn report on World Ocean Day

Happy World Oceans Day!!! Xyxthumbs

First time i have heard of this. Thanks Smile

jamiebfd Wrote:First time i have heard of this. Thanks Smile

Your welcome :biggrin: .

I figured I'd share these things with people, so that if they don't know, they'll know. Xyxthumbs .

[Image: globe.gif]

Ironically we misnamed our home planet. With 3/4 of its surface covered in seas, a more accurate name for it wold be Ocean not Earth.

In 2003 a dark report came out that declared that since 1950 we have successfully fished out 90% of the fish stocks of the oceans.

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-05-14/tech/..._s=PM:TECH

That was 2003 - 9 years have passed since then. I suspect that the oceans are far emptier today considering that 10% loss over the prior 50 years took place every 5-6 years.

We find that the ocean is to humans merely a cesspool for our wastes. We have dumped so much crap (literally and otherwise) into the oceans we have changed the ecology of the oceans - perhaps forever.

The Pacific ocean is slowly being redefined as the Plastic Ocean as the pacific gyre becomes a floating continent of plastics.

Its nice that some people have decided to dedicate a day to the oceans. I suppose that we really don't need to think of them for the other 364 days of the year...?

There is just so much going wrong with our world. I have to wonder if we are becoming aware of the problems and will start doing something for change before its too late.

I have to wonder if it isn't already too late for our oceans.

Thank you for the share Queenie.Confusedmile:

yeah! save the jellyfish!!!:biggrin:

Rainbowmum Wrote:Thank you for the share Queenie.Confusedmile:

Your welcome Mum Imu2

~

@BowynAerrow - Deep Disoriented , but I personally believe it isn't too late, if everyone pitched in. I practice Ocean day every day and growing up practically in it, it's quite important to me and to the rest of us Ocean Dwellers :biggrin: .

No offense, but it seems the big countries like America and Europe have caused the most damage to the oceans, and I think they should be more involved, however there are some people who do, granted.

Nature is a very important thing, and all these unnescessary things that harm our environment is quite sad and you're right, everyone should practice appreciation to our environment and all those that live in it[Humans & Animals], because without it, where would we live?

We only have one Earth [or Ocean as you put it Bowyn Wink ].

~

@Jaxc - Yes, save the JellyFish -.- . lol , The; Box JellyFish, Moon JellyFish, Portugese-Man-O'-War [We have these alot] , all sorts of Jelly Fish.

Everything needs to be saved. If we were in their shoes[or tentacles], we'd want someone to save us. Xyxthumbs

Today is to support the cause, in regards to the t