Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst book
Whats the worst book you have ever read?

Anything by the authors R.A Salvatore and Ed Greenwood.

Salvatore uses every fantasy cliche in the book (pun not intended) and his dialogue is so simplistic, a 5 year old would find it rubbish. His endings suffer from deus-ex-machina and his most famous character Drizzet D'Urden has become far too whiny and self-pitying

Ed Greedwood is a 50+ year old man who writes like a 15 year old boy suffering from constant horniness. His fantasy novels are filled with over-the-top descriptions of sex, with a lackluster, generic fantasy plot thrown in just to make it mainstream. Elminster is a self-righteous know-it-all who whenever he gets into a bind, is pulled out of the fire by his goddess...how dull! Where's the excitement and learning for the character?

These two are easily tied for worst authors I have ever read.

Mmm, I would say, 1984 by George Orwell and Night by Ellie Weisel.

Easy.

The Da Vinci Code
by Dan Brown.

I actually laughed out loud at some parts. Not to mention I found spelling errors...

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:Mmm, I would say, 1984 by George Orwell and Night by Ellie Weisel.

Those are your worst books ever?

I don't know whether to shake my fist and do my "you damn kids!" bit or be envious of all the good books you must have read in your life to consider those the worst ever Confusedmile: :tongue:

Latebloomer....Dan Brown is garbage period. Don't know how I missed him in my first post. Da Vinci Code was horrid...don't know how so many friends recommended it to me. Confusedmile:

Stephen Kings It
Damn thing was so boring, my imagination refused to issue even one image.

[Image: It_cover.jpg]

Catcher In The (Bloody) Rye!

Grrr! :mad:

Can people list why?

monk Wrote:Catcher In The (Bloody) Rye!

Grrr! :mad:

Oh no!

I loved that book. Classic teen angst.

Smile

One of the worst books i read was The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien. I loved the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings and even though its great the way he created a whole world with its own history, The Silmarillion just seemed too much like a history book. Maybe i'd appreciate it now i'm a bit older but i didn't get very far in it the first time.