Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a.....
I met a man who is promising in the relationship department, but his line of work is 'questionable'.

His business is not altogether above board. It is organized, but not a fortune 500 company way.

His position is more upper middle management than laborer. He has admitted he started out on the lower rungs of this particular company's ladder so has seen and did things to meet the needs of his employers.

Whilst older than I normally date, he is charming and sweet, articulate and very educated, has a PhD in physics. He is witty and funny, with a slight serious streak. He presents as a sophisticated gentleman more than a thug.

He has tattoos, but in discrete areas covered by a suit.

Too look at him you wouldn't guess his occupation. He likes and has the finer things in life, but isn’t that stuffy as he likes the simpler things in life too. I think he has the finer things due to his company work not due to his physics and lecturer career.

He is open and out, not married, he isn’t a married closet case looking for a boy on the side. I think from what he has said he is looking for someone outside of his clique. He admits he finds his social group a bit rough around the edges.

He has been a gentleman with me. Sex has been mentioned but he is not looking for just a hook-up. He wants to take it slow, become friends first, and see what happens.

He does meet my requirements in a significant other. Physically, mentally and emotionally. Other than his employment he is nearly ideal.

From what he reports he has no record, he has a legal carry conceal license, I think you have to be arrest free to get that.

Suggestions, comments?

Ok, I will "bite"...........what does he do?????

He sounds all in all completely dateable

what I'm missing here is what exactly is his questionable line of work....

questionable as in illegal?

questionable as in low income?

questionable as in he could lose it all of the sudden?

if its about money, well, make budgets...see how much you need to spend and plan accordingly..

but really he sounds super ok...

again we could use for that bit of missing info if we are to give a good input

Ok, this man seems at least ok, what's the problem? The job? "Not altogether above board" means... Illegal?

If it's an illegal job, depends of your ethic, maybe in another country would be a legal job...?
Would I date a criminal? Knowing he's a criminal?
I don't think I would date someone who works with drugs, or recycling money for example, but if he works to change something or for a good cause but not legal at all, would be different.

(Gasp) Does he work for the mafia? :tongue:

Seriously though, he sounds like a decent guy.

illegal
no drugs
mafia - not - but close

money cleaning - yes
illegal in all of the first world

oh, boy......

yeah.....that's never good, anonymous...you can get yourself in the middle of many trouble...

has he considered....not doing what he does?

seriously....stay away from this, it won't do you good

I wouldn't risk it. It doesn't sound like a profession one can just leave, nor does it sound like one where the persons friends and family are safe.(Of which would end up including you)

I dated "criminal", he committed a murder (by accident - during a robbery so how accidental? Too many questions), went to prison for a very long time and that seriously messed me up for years to follow.

But - I know a loveless life and know how the heart bleeds for affection/love and how much we desire a decent fellow.... Decent to self - decent to other isn't always THAT important.

Hard call to make.

Hm, I think I'd pass.
It can be thrilling and all(if you're into that) but as someone else had already stated before, you could get in the middle of that mess and it could end really ugly. If you decide to stay with the guy, calculate some things first and be VERY careful, although I'd stay out of it.

Smile