Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a.....
I wouldn't no matter what he was like. The associates tend to be justifiably paranoids at the very least (and sometimes far more than justified) and can do things like make an impression by torturing and killing loved ones (it may not even be anything personal against you or him, they just got to send a message to everyone else), and some criminal groups hate on gays. The feds and such that don't approve of their work (at least if they're not getting their kickbacks or other problems like maybe they're in a sweetheart deal with rival criminals) can be total scumbags to those on the side (like lovers), too, including trumping up false charges on you to force you to choose between hard time in prison (and you're naive if you think you won't be convicted for a crime you didn't do simply on the say so of a cop, though cops often plant false evidence, too, just to be sure and make their own record more impressive) or testifying against your love (and likely becoming a target in addition to other inconveniences, including to reputation to family).

Logically speaking, this is a terrible idea. If you become romantically involved with him, and he's caught, you could end up being charged along side with him --- not to mention threats to your personal safety. It's very disappointing, but your question, "Would you date" is a decidable no for me.

Well actually, if I were strongly physically attracted, liked his personality, and didn't have boyfriend already, it would be a difficult no, but a no all the same.

We accept the problems of our partner's into our own lives, and problems such as that are not problems I, or any partner, would be able to be safe handling...

Pix Wrote:I wouldn't no matter what he was like. The associates tend to be justifiably paranoids at the very least (and sometimes far more than justified) and can do things like make an impression by torturing and killing loved ones (it may not even be anything personal against you or him, they just got to send a message to everyone else), and some criminal groups hate on gays. The feds and such that don't approve of their work (at least if they're not getting their kickbacks or other problems like maybe they're in a sweetheart deal with rival criminals) can be total scumbags to those on the side (like lovers), too, including trumping up false charges on you to force you to choose between hard time in prison (and you're naive if you think you won't be convicted for a crime you didn't do simply on the say so of a cop, though cops often plant false evidence, too, just to be sure and make their own record more impressive) or testifying against your love (and likely becoming a target in addition to other inconveniences, including to reputation to family).

This can possibly be expounded upon more -no?

I gotta ask- What makes you think that a guy who is willing to violate the rights of others will not violate your rights?

^^^ I have seen people who are night and day between who they are with a significant other and who they are with everyone else.

I know of individuals who would rip the lungs out of anyone put their S.O.

How did you find out about his job? Did he tell you?

This is a really tricky situation, I really don't know what to say.

To answer the question within the title of this thread:
[COLOR="Red"]
Would I?[/COLOR]

[SIZE="7"]HEEEELL NO!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]don't need the drama...

no thanks.

[/SIZE]

Rob Wrote:How did you find out about his job? Did he tell you?

This is a really tricky situation, I really don't know what to say.

he told me giving me the choice to say yes or no.

It's the gun thing that bothers me!

I'm afraid I would never be comfortable with someone who owned a gun.

^^^ In the states its a source of security and safety. A lot of people carry concealed - they just don't talk about it with everyone.

I have no problem with responsible people owning a gun, even carrying concealed. I do have major issues with idiots and crazies carrying.

I can assume in this case a 'coming clean' was done demonstrating sincere interest, thus 'I carry legal concealed' and 'I work for X corporation' would be topics brought up not so much to terrify but inform so any relationship that comes out of this is one of consent not one of lies.

That alone tells me that the prospective husband is a 'better man' since I would assume lying and hiding the truth would assure a win in this case.