Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you donate your organs?
blokeinsussex Wrote:Yes, I'm a donor, everything except skin and eyes Confusedmile:

Given the lack of suitable donors I think we should have a system of presumed consent, if you dont want to donate you opt out.

An interesting idea...too many human rights issues Sad

What human rights issues do you see raised by this?

Any form of presumed consent still gives a population the choice to donate.

Wales intend to have PC legislation in place by 2015 and legislation is currently at second reading stage in the English Parliament.

As far as I am concerned the dead don't have human rights and what human rights the family might have over the body are subordinate to the right to life of those in need of transplants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, you're basically saying that a dead body is an asset of the state.

The wishes of the family should only be ignored if they run contrary to the wishes of the deceased.

I would register myself as an organ donor! Smile

blokeinsussex Wrote:I'm not sure I'd go that far, you're basically saying that a dead body is an asset of the state.

The state considers itself entitled to take the pick the pick of the deceased assets.

Fred

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Confusedmile:

You make a distinction between a corpse and houses, bank accounts, tables, chairs and family heirlooms. I do not.

Fred

I see. The state does not have an automatic claims to bank accounts, tables, chairs and family heirlooms upon a persons death. As such I'm still not getting your point.

Now, this is quite the topic.. I enlisted myself as an organ donor a few years back when I turned 16, but with the exception being that my family comes first, and that only once i've passed on my organs could be given to someone in need, though as bad as it may sound to some I wouldn't "choose" to donate them to a person without getting to know them first and put the puzzle together myself as to whether they "deserve it" for example, an alcoholic.. I'd not donate my organs to an alcoholic without knowing that they have changed their ways and see it for what it is, a life line, a second chance.