Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you go out with a Disabled person?
No offense intended to anyone else, but I think I've learned more from Joseph than from any other contributor to this site. Thanks for being here, Joseph, and for sharing your thoughts with us.

Remybussi

It isn't about being forced into looking after something, I just know that naturally I'd follow down that route and put both me and the person in a position that made us miserable. Im not saying sure 100% NO I NEVER WOULD DATE A DISABLED PERSON. As disability comes in a variety of ways, just I would be less enthusiastic about dating a disabled person because I know the type of person I am.

Would it really be better for me to *love* someone and adapt into a carer role naturally than *love* someone that is disabled and let them go, knowing that putting us both in that position would be unfair? Sometimes the ones you love the most you have to let go, even if you don't want to, you just have to consider both parties.

(Hope that makes me sound less shallow? :S )
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

thankyou marshlander very very kind!i learn lots from you and princealberto who are very very clever. :biggrin: Spiny it is ok him next. you not bad saying it!Confusedmile:

Ahhh I think it would be great, but personally I like to be powerless during sex, but im sure I could get use to being the one on top xD

I'm not sure if just the question of having sex. I mean no offense to anyone, but in the worst case scenario, you have to change your whole live to be with someone who can't do anything for himself.

A few years back, I dated a guy I knew from my hometown. He was sitting in a wheelchair since was involved in a car accident.
Even I knew him before the accident (although i did not know that he was gay) it was... difficult at first.
I visited him in the hospital and he asked me if i wanted "to do something together" when he came home. i was shocked first, basically because i thought he is straight but... it was difficult at the first time.
When we dated the first times I really felt uncomfortable. People starring, helping him rolling up chairs, looking for a table in the café where he can sit with the wheelchair etc.

But it was all a acquire of habit (?). You get used to everything. I really liked him, what is essential "to go through" that if you don't already are used to.

We definitively grew closer together, I learned a lot of things from him. I think I love him to the day a bit, at last he has a special part iin my heart for the rest of my live Smile He showed me how important it is to be thankful for every day you have on this world and he changed my opinion to a lot of things i never thought of!

We were together nearly a ear before i had to move away with my mother Sad

I have, I once went out with a guy with Polio. It was very interesting. Out of all the guys at this book reading, he was the most upfront and flirtatious out of the bunch. He was super funny.

His confidence is what attracted me to him most of all. He gave 100% percent in everything he did. It was very appealing...and kinda sexy! Wink

Sadly, like in most of my cases where I find someone I like, he moved to L.A. Still a great e-mail and text buddy tho!

what if what it was just a frined or bestfrind who was disabled . can it be disabled frind.do you thinkCoffee

Of course.

I also went out with a guy with a disability for a couple of months. Actually it was more of a sexual thing than a love thing but that was because he made it clear that he did not want commitment or not from me at least. The sex was fantastic. I felt a little self-conscious at first about dancing with someone who was in a wheel chair and carrying him upstairs to the bedroom was not always easy when you had had a glass or three but he had a really great sense of humour and was very pragmatic about it. You can't control who you feel attracted to and I don't think you should try to but I was certainly attracted to him both physically and mentally. Unfortunately he didn't want a relationship and I did. I felt like Lightshade “ He showed me how important it is to be thankful for every day you have on this world”

I'd love to date an Aspie (person with Asperger Syndrome).