Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you like to work for Amazon?
Maybe it's been your dream to work for such a successful company but after reading this long article, you'd think twice:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/techno...a&ns_fee=0
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Jeff Bezos didn't get rich by coddling his workers. He got rich by making his workers - work hard and be innovative.

I wouldn't work for him..... I'm just to old to put up with this type of work environment anymore.
We Have Elvis !!

I worked with a small timer who thought like that. Looking back, I have never been so lucky as I was the day I left.
I bid NO Trump!

It's an interesting,long, Whining, "tell on you" , "taddle tale" type article that paints Amazon's ethics to be "Creepy" or" Cultish".

I did notice very little data or information from "Happy" employees ?
I mean ..the sources were all EX, terminated or borderline disgruntled.

I have used Amazon several times .. I think their service and system is impeccable...but as a small businessman.. I know impeccable has a price.

I'm old enough to know one law in the universe is..
"There will always be one bigger and brighter"
This law applies to everything from.. stars in the heavens to stars in Hollywood.

I hope Bezos "truly" understands he has the ability mold , enhance , warp , or destroy the lives of his employees ..I hope he takes that power very, very seriously...and if he doesn't... Amazon will choke on its own "fuel" and the next bigger, ,better brighter star will shine.

As for the sprinkles of references to Wal-Mart..
Twenty years ago I remember getting attitude from employees at Burdines... Fifteen years ago Sears though it was the future ...There are a few K-Marts around ?
I have seen the giants come, go , rise and fall.
I know this is a gay forum
I know I might catch hell for this statement but...

"Bigger isn't always the better way to go"
Sometimes bigger just means..

"Heavy".

I do use Amazon occasionally but I usually buy from their marketplace sellers that I hope, are not under the same pressure as Amazon employees. I agree with you that it's good service but for similar rerasons I would never buy Nike products. Paying workers a slave wage and then selling the products at inflated prices goes against my ethics.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That article reminded me of this scene (plenty of profanity) that many people love:

I'm not impressed but plenty swear that it's inspirational. Others want to punch him in the face. (I think he's a pretentious idiot, that is the character portrayed.) But I'd guess those who find this speech inspirational would love to work for Amazon now...

It is interesting to me that so many who claim not to believe in any sort of religion will gladly place themselves on the sacrificial altar of the workplace.
I bid NO Trump!