Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you meet a guy for sex off the internet?
So Im not thinking of doing this cause Im probably too shy but would you ever meet a guy from the internet just for sex? Can they be trusted if you did? Ive heard a lot of dating sites feature guys just wanting to meet up for sex..sounds risky. What do you guys think?

No I would not.
Not just cos you could get yourself into real trouble. Plus if the other guy is doing this then you might even catch something. But sex really to me is not good if you don't have feelings for the person anyway.

I have found it a bit astonishing actually how many gay guys do meet up like this for nothing moor then just sex.

Anonymous Wrote:So Im not thinking of doing this cause Im probably too shy but would you ever meet a guy from the internet just for sex? Can they be trusted if you did? Ive heard a lot of dating sites feature guys just wanting to meet up for sex..sounds risky. What do you guys think?

I would, and have done on more than one occasion. You have to be careful, but a few sensible steps can save you from problems - I have had no problems so far, but then I do have my dog in the house who would protect me if need be.

As for the risks of catching something, well that risk is the same with any guy you have sex with and is reduced when you take precautions.

I doubt a guy you just met in a bar is much safer than one you found on the Internet.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I used to do it occasionally and didn't really have any problems. I always arranged to meet somewhere public first, because I preferred to see who I was meeting. A drink and a chat gave us both the opportunity to back out if necessary. One man I met who invited me to his house directed me to a nearby layby where he could get a look at his contacts first. He said if there was anything to make him suspicious he would just drive off.

To be honest, the biggest problems I had with internet contacts came from timewasters who made arrangements and didn't show up at all. If you keep your wits about you and act with the usual regard for safety there's certainly no reason that it would be more risky than visiting a cruising ground or even picking up a man from a bar.

juk Wrote:As for the risks of catching something, well that risk is the same with any guy you have sex with and is reduced when you take precautions.

Ye I guss your right there.

I did not mean to come across as a snob or anything just mean that i like to get to know a guy first that's the main reason I would not meet just for sex.

ben Wrote:Ye I guss your right there.

I did not mean to come across as a snob or anything just mean that i like to get to know a guy first that's the main reason I would not meet just for sex.

You didnt Ben! I can see it from both sides as there have been times in my life that random sex meets have been what I was looking for, and at other times I have settled down with a guy as that was what I needed. I guess what I wanted to get across is whatever any person feels is right for them is the right choice Confusedmile:

I know exactly what you mean Ben , Ive never been into casual sex in a hetero relationship and I intend to have the same attitude now iv'e come out . I struggle with the idea of going cruising and meeting guys just purely for sex . It seems very seedy and shallow to me and scary? ( though i could be wrong) . I would need to get to know a guy first before I got physical. Whats wrong with a bit of good old fashioned dating first? But then again maybe i'm just old fashioned

to sum it up quikly: no

I could never do that.

I am on a couple of dating sites at the moment (most namely, Bear411 - shameless plug LOL) and talk to guys all the time that want to meet me for sex. I tell them that I have a partner and not looking for sex. Just there for friends, as my partner is. And we have a good circle of friends from there, whom we can respect one another's wishes.

I like to have a connection with the sex. The act itself is more of a romantic / intimate moment between the couple involved. I can't just do it to bust a nut, hell, I can do that myself with my right hand.