Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow! Better Open Campground Fast
We have been casually looking around for more resident caretakers to be around the forest and feed the critters we do. A fire last year took all and we have been planning the rebuild as earthships with a big main house underground. But these last few weeks have been doom for the food market and we have been watching what we thought would be bad enough getting ready to be worse. With the imminent food trend and economy and stuff I think we better more plan for opening up campground and being there for the hut, teepee and camper people because I live where we make food? We knew that this would be coming but it happened a whole lot faster than we thought it was going to. We're going deeper in the forest on the rebuilding too and the prayer chapel, kung fu temple, blacksmith shop, hearth kitchen and water house have to go first it is just that I thought we'd have a few more months and I guess more of it is gonna be raw natural materials than I thought.
If you have been considering a rural community or a commune type rural community (we are a hermitage but of course have to have people) I would do it now. This month. Those that are moving or going to check out a comunity shouldn't wait. One thing we do out here is eat. We eat, vist awhile getting high and eat. Keyword is Eat. I am not trying to be alarmist but the trickle down from our origen point of food is gonna hit by next month and carry on, instead of next year like we thought out here. The scramble out here is already on for the better cattle and such. So if you been sitting on the fnce just go ahead and hold that nose and jump because not only do we need you for sure now you need to eat - and be away fom a scene that don't seem like it's gonna get any better to put it softly.
Kind of like what if you ate food seven days and now get five and a half unless you come up with more money. A few of us were just talking about the issue and how much it has ballooned since we saw it coming last year. I f you aint movin or joinin a club make friends with a farmer or someone with a place you can produce food and recreationals this one enough to change things significantly for awhile.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say about that!

Uhh.. I'm confused? Smile

Good luck I guess with the move :confused: , not sure what the message is really, but I'm glad you are doing what you belive is right. :biggrin:

The message is a big increase in food costs and shortages. I wondered if they were putting that in the papaers and on TV in the cities yet. I take it not.
It's not me it is others. I am directly connected to my own independent food resources, water too. It is not just getting to a better place if you were thinking about it, I was saying that anyone anywhere they are probably has a way to provide theirself with some independet resources and even small scale things could put that extra day's worth on the table.
I guess I will bump this thread in September and see what it is lke then. We are prepared for milk to go up starting next month followed by beef and everything else largely before christmas. Farmers didn't xpect that to happen until next year but it's next month.

There is a corn shortage, there is a not a food shortage.

The drought hit the Midwestern wheat and corn belt. If you don't rely on wheat and corn as the main parcel of your diet, you will be ok.

California has enjoyed beautiful weather. We raise 55+% of the food the USA produces. We only hold 10% of the US population. Thus we produce 5+ times the amount of food we would ever consume.

Yes Corn and wheat has been hit hard. Oh well, that means you will have to not rely on box meals and all of those foods that have been modified with corn-syrup, wheat gluten and all of that other processed crap that an economic diet has strangled the population with.

Raising a few tomato plants, a few pole beans and a hamper of potatoes is perhaps the easiest thing one can do. Squash, be it summer varieties like zucchini and yellow or winter varieties like butternut, acorn and spaghetti are the easiest plants to raise. You practically can raise them in crap soils in high drought and on a weed choked plot.

Yes its a limited diet, however it is a good one, one that will keep you from dying.

Westerners rely way too much on grains, wheat, and maize (corn) are stables, the primary foundation of our diets. This is an economic diet, based on what is cheap to produce, it is not a healthy diet. One of the reasons why westerners are swelling up like balloons and obesity, diabetes and other diet related ailments are epidemic is largely due to the large amounts of processed corn and wheat we consume.

Corn is the worst crop one can raise when it comes to the environment. Wheat is the second worst.

The loss of these two crops may actually cause a revolution in how we plan out our diets. No, humans are just too stubborn to get 'it' when nature throws out a warning.

Oh, as for your running off to hide from the comping Apocalypse, trust me, there will be large gangs of hungry, thirsty armed civilians who will love nothing more than to rape and pillage you pot taking hippies while they eat your food. Running away and hiding is not an option.

:tongue:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The drought hit the Midwestern wheat and corn belt. If you don't rely on wheat and corn as the main parcel of your diet, you will be ok.

Yes Corn and wheat has been hit hard. Oh well, that means you will have to not rely on box meals and all of those foods that have been modified with corn-syrup, wheat gluten and all of that other processed crap that an economic diet has strangled the population with.

Yes its a limited diet, however it is a good one, one that will keep you from dying.

The loss of these two crops may actually cause a revolution in how we plan out our diets. No, humans are just too stubborn to get 'it' when nature throws out a warning.

Oh, as for your running off to hide from the comping Apocalypse, trust me, there will be large gangs of hungry, thirsty armed civilians who will love nothing more than to rape and pillage you pot taking hippies while they eat your food. Running away and hiding is not an option.

:tongue:

Well, milk is supposed to go up first followed by other things including beef. I wasn't watching corn. People ate corn for millenia and weren't all fat and dying. It's more than the maize but I'm not championing corn? There are plenty of other grains a lot better for you.

In so far as crop failure changing industry I am not too sure. Be wild if it did. That is all pretty far removed from the arena of the home provider and your cropping ideas better.

In so far as the last profundo on running away and all that hooey - I actually am one of those feral ass savages and I don't think you got a realistic idea probably because you're not landed country gentry or warlord or such. But you ain't gonna come out here with skills and helping hands and get eaten unless you, poor thing, hit a inbred mountain or one of those half-wit, dickless weekend-redneck survivalist deals that will die off shortly after the shit hits the fan, if it ever does. Guns and boo-foo do not make you king or viable out here. Only friends and powers do. Most of the gun and c-ration people out here are just saving them up for the natural indigenous who have spent lives immersed in nature and seen shit like this before.
It will be a mess if something pops sure. Most of the bulk of the violence and stuff will happen long before you get out this far tho - majority of folks will never make it this far and the rapin and pillagin will go on more out there on the highways where all that usually does.
We'll be sitting on lazy asses eating well and getting higher than a georgia pine while you are out there rapin and pillagin the swet lookin' ones. I mean we may be deadly as shit, but dam, we're still country people! All our chicken shits and martial art supply mma folks will pick them skirts up and run to the cities to pillage or die but they ain't gonna be out here - I mean not for long if they stay anyway.
Heh, I don't even play the banjo but that is why I said if you already know country people a farm's production gonna need to at least double and ours moree than that so there are more options than doin' it non-voluntary with a psychotic in camoflauge....heh...but I wouldn't be the last to plant or talk or trade or look to make myself that lil bit more secure wherever and whatever my deal was. People acting like people survive and this evolution seems to be about intelligence - hint at y'all pot taking hippies that read books and shit Lol!

Everything is going up in price, even over here in Australia.
All you can do is ride it out.

I wish you luck.

I wish you additional income, nutrition skills and resourcefullness.
Australia? Cool. I always wondered what nature would be like there, because you have some neat things but def different hazards and environments.