Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing my novel.
Oh yeah, I also want to say that I will be posting Chapter 1 by Thursday at the latest, in case anyone was wondering. I may even have it up as early as Tuesday night.

Hi XRIMO, cant wait to start reading your story.

Just to let you know, I did some research on copyright protection and it seems that once you post or make your writing public anywhere it does automatically become "safe".

One of the old tricks, and I believe this does hold true but you may want to check, is to put your work in an envelope and mail it to yourself. You wouldnt open the envelope until there was some sort of infringement on your work...

thanks for posting your work.

nice! Confusedmile:

What is the story about generally? as in the themes!

Just a note that I decided to switch sites. My story is now posted at WEbook: http://www.webook.com/project/Obliterati...ll-of-Hell

Hugo Boss Wrote:nice! Confusedmile:

What is the story about generally? as in the themes!

Well, I have given a short synopsis earlier in this thread, so read that for starters.

In terms of themes, my story will adapt certain mythologies (namely Christian myth) and use them to set grand piece of epic fantasy in motion. I try to stay away from using goblins, faeries, elves, vampires and such. Though when I was developing the story I did find the use of a dragon (and later on dragonsWink ) useful. Though they will be animalistic in nature, not intelligent.

There will be many conflicts during the story. Man vs. man (or should I say demon vs. demon). Man vs. nature will be featured even moreso in the second book.

So yeah, I have had this story stewing in my brain for 8 years, and now I really want to make it a reality.

I decided to also post Chapter 1.

EDIT*** Chapter 2 is also up.

http://www.webook.com/project/Obliterati...ll-of-Hell

Finished the intro - Holy *hrist!!! Fantastic...

I may have finished the first chapter but maybe a few paragraphs till the end... it was 4am and I dont remember things so well at that time, LOL... but fantastic stuff. Thanks for posting.

fjp999 Wrote:Finished the intro - Holy *hrist!!! Fantastic...

I may have finished the first chapter but maybe a few paragraphs till the end... it was 4am and I dont remember things so well at that time, LOL... but fantastic stuff. Thanks for posting.

I'm glad you like it! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm also receiving some nice comments from users on the site. Hopefully this will really motivate me to continue going with it. I've already added in some things to the early chapters and I am writing out ideas from where I left off.

So chapter 2 is up now. I will spending my free time going over chapter 3 so that I can post it tonight or tomorrow.

I guess that I will have to register so I can leave comments too... will start taking notes too if I find anything a bit off or comments if you want.

keep going as it is very original (not that I have read much in the past decade) and engrossing.

fjp999 Wrote:I guess that I will have to register so I can leave comments too... will start taking notes too if I find anything a bit off or comments if you want.

keep going as it is very original (not that I have read much in the past decade) and engrossing.

Thanks Frank. I would appreciate any comments Invasion