Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet more for cat lovers
Wheels designed for cat physiotherapy

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32220448
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

...well yeah...but what I REALLY need is devices to make a cat exercise...thanks to my BF sneaking in Party Mix Treats, my cat went from 10lbs to 17lbs in ONE YEAR!! So now she has reduced calorie catfood, but she needs to get more active...she yawns at traditional toys and sneers at the laser light...Catmilk

Pyromancer Wrote:...well yeah...but what I REALLY need is devices to make a cat exercise...thanks to my BF sneaking in Party Mix Treats, my cat went from 10lbs to 17lbs in ONE YEAR!! So now she has reduced calorie catfood, but she needs to get more active...she yawns at traditional toys and sneers at the laser light...Catmilk
Feed her live mice. Laugh

LONDONER Wrote:Wheels designed for cat physiotherapy

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32220448
That link ^^^^ ?? Cat wheels???

MikeW Wrote:Feed her live mice. Laugh

Brilliant!

The average mouse contains 100 calories, as is opposed to 360 calories in a cup of reduced-cal catfood...so...less calories AND exercise, since she has to chase them to eat them...

WHAT would I do without you...Cat3

Pyromancer Wrote:Brilliant!

The average mouse contains 100 calories, as is opposed to 360 calories in a cup of reduced-cal catfood...so...less calories AND exercise, since she has to chase them to eat them...

WHAT would I do without you...Cat3
I don't know. It's just more of my uncommon sense.

I remember watching a documentary one time about cats. One of the segments showed that a cat won't recognize a mouse as "food" unless, as a kitten, it had been taught to catch and eat mice by its mother. The cat may very well chance the mouse and play with it, perhaps even seriously injure or kill it... but they don't eat it.

Of course, cats are like many men, their appetites often bore quickly. They need new stimulation so, even if you give it a mouse or two, soon enough they'd be "old news" along with feathers, strings and laser pointers.

Next up on the "exercising my lazy ass cat" would be to give some other small, swift, totally terrified little critter, snake, lizard, gerbil, w/e. (ETA: oh, yeah, I forgot, jumping critters: grass-hoppers, for example. Those are great!)

But what I'd *really* recommend is either a) a kitten or b) a puppy. Oh, for sure, she'll get bored with them as well soon enough but THEY won't so easily or quickly bore of her! Xyxthumbs

Cats !?!?!? I clicked the link and got an article on:

Disabled artist Liz Crow moulds 'humans' from Thames mud

9 April 2015 Last updated at 00:08 BST

Borg69 Wrote:Cats !?!?!? I clicked the link and got an article on:

Disabled artist Liz Crow moulds 'humans' from Thames mud

9 April 2015 Last updated at 00:08 BST

Don't know what happened there. This is what it should have been:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32415313
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

bump to ditch the disruption troll...