Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Can Have It All (or can you?)

just love disco bass lines - but who would have thought to make a flute funky too

super freak and i cant touch this have the same bass line.

matty7 Wrote:
just love disco bass lines - but who would have thought to make a flute funky too
Can't but agree, @matty7, flute or vibraphone (in the France Joli video) or saxophone, which was more commonplace at the time, they all make for great solos. There's a good deal of trumpeting and some vibraphone in the Hustle as well.

There's a great bass riff in this too, [MENTION=18997]matty7[/MENTION], and a bit of a guitar solo-ish which is almost as good as Chic's Nile Rodgers.
Taste of Honey, Boogie Oogie Oogie

I've always enjoyed this tune too. The very first notes just always got me going. It's a great musical gimmick.
Kool & The Gang Ladies' Night

if you want to hear something new listen to a few songs at the same time or just two. I have not done that in a while.

Thanks [MENTION=23514]JohnMusic[/MENTION], , and also [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION]...

In this video you can actually see the group playing and the lead singer singing, Oh what a charmer....

matty7 Wrote:
does this count as disco , I think so anyway - did this artist or his songs became known outside the UK ?
Yes, @matty7, he did, at least he was with You Make Me Feel Like Dancing, which I first heard in the Netherlands when I was growing up at a Christmas family gathering. I then went on to seek the record from my French retailer.
Marshlander has a bone to pick with Leo Sayer, however, as he once wrecked (a bit) a wedding reception he and his band were playing for, just by being in the same hotel and working up a bit of a celebrity commotion, haha.

Another interesting video where you see the group / band move their natural moves.
Earth, Wind & Fire
Boogie Wonderland
Maurice White knew what glitter meant. haha. And what do you think of his phallic belt???

Another one with
September