Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are a student? Oh, okay.
Hello everyone.

I've been into various dating site (mostly gay one). One of the question that always come into the conversation when I started to get to know people is "Do you still studying?". When the answer is Yes, some of them later reply with "Oh, okay" and disappear forever. (I got a lot when I was studying back then).

So my question is, is there anything that "these guys" don't like when meeting/ get to know a student? Or is it just their preference like some prefer older, some like slim, some love chubs, etc.

P/S: This is my first time I'm posting new discussion thread. Please don't be so mean to me. Newbie

I'm guessing this in reference to people in college? I might mean these guys are looking for guys who either might have more free time or are settled in their careers... Might not be an age or physique thing.

Here in the USA, if a guy is 22-23 it isn't uncommon to expect them to be in college...Usually it is a good thing to find they're finishing up college, you don't have to worry about them being a total bum. Not saying someone can't be successful without a college education but it does tend to help.

Bear in mind I'm not familiar with gay culture in your area, but I hope this little bit helps in some way.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

[MENTION=23190]fahmilancap[/MENTION] Huh, I've never got turned down from a chat just because I was a student. But I have to second Axle here.

What comes to my mind is that normally a student doesn't have the same solvency, time and mobility than a proffesional. Perhaps the guys that discard you because you're a student are: 1) expecting someone who will pay the bills on their dates, treat them in any way or that will be able to take care of their own expenses; 2) hoping to find a partner who will be willing to move to wherever they decide to go (because of work or something); 3) wishing to find someone that will be available to spare some free time with them without having to worry about them doing homework or preparing exams. BUNNY

Its probably looked down on because allot of students where im front remain students into later years and wind up with little work interest.

fahmilancap Wrote:"Are you still studying?". When the answer is Yes, some of them later reply with "Oh, okay" and disappear forever.

So my question is, is there anything that "these guys" don't like when meeting/ get to know a student? Or is it just their preference .

I know guys that think a student's priority is school .so they wouldn't seek anything potentially serious with a student.

Anocxu Wrote:I know guys that think a student's priority is school .so they wouldn't seek anything potentially serious with a student.

That sounds crazy to me...

Studying isn't that different from a 9 to 5 job. If anything, I'd say that it's more flexible.

I'm guessing it would have more to do with being a work in progress. I certainly feel incomplete.

Cuddly Wrote:Studying isn't that different from a 9 to 5 job. If anything, I'd say that it's more flexible.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

you just wait...
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Cuddly Wrote:That sounds crazy to me...

Studying isn't that different from a 9 to 5 job. If anything, I'd say that it's more flexible.

I'm guessing it would have more to do with being a work in progress. I certainly feel incomplete.

Oh keep working hard and you'll be fine..
Did you get you 1 man project done..?

If you're a student and they stop talking you all of of a sudden because of that, they may be after a man with money. Broke college students usually don't have much, if any. If any of them stop talking to you in that case, consider yourself lucky!!