Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You may not be seeing me around much....
Good luck with the work project, [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION], you know that you will be welcomed back whenever you can read and post. Take care.

WowClapClapClapBighugLuxhelloLuxhelloLuxhelloElefant

...did I mention that I'm seriously impressed...?Remybussi

Congratulations and Good Luck Mike!!

What it sounds like you're describing are wall elevations --each wall of a floor plan as you face it. Ceiling heights, door & window placement, ceiling and floor molding, pictures including frame type, any furniture that may be located against that particular wall --all done one dimensionally. Such "flat" wall elevations are extremely useful for precise placement of the elements of a room. I have witnessed more than one contractor completely baffled by a 1 or 2 point CAD rendering, whereas a flat elevation is far less confusing.

Even if I'm wrong it still sounds like interesting stuff. We'll see you when you get back to a normal schedule. Have fun! Multijump

Oh man..right after you solve one of my biggest mysteries in life..and end one of the few things we actually fight about.,..you are going to be scarce? I was in the middle of elevating you to God status...right alongside Chaka Khan :biggrin:

Oh well...I will keep the fire burning...and eagerly anticipate your visits....

I know...I could have just said how much I will miss you...and I will...so have fun..and get lots of extra cash while you can! Also...I hope that it is also a rewarding experience overall....

Damn great deal!!

Have lots of fun and be sure to stay healthy while you do it all.
I bid NO Trump!

Good luck with the project Mike, you sound energized by it all! Take care and read you soon Confusedmile:

Bighug
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Good luck with the new project, hopefully you will still have a little time to offer your wisdom to us all Smile

Steve Wrote:..What it sounds like you're describing are wall elevations --each wall of a floor plan as you face it. Ceiling heights, door & window placement, ceiling and floor molding, pictures including frame type, any furniture that may be located against that particular wall --all done one dimensionally. ...

Yes, that's it. I'm working from the architect's elevations of several walls (12 to 19, there is some uncertainty) including walls along two stairwells. Although these will be very contemporary office buildings, the various interior treatments will almost make them "rustic." They're looking for "art concepts and design proposals" for the various walls. Since we now have the contract, our job is to come up with concept, art, framing and layout (two different options for each wall) by the 19th. The architect needs them by that date so they can be reviewed before being presented to Google execs the following week.

SO... ain't that fun! hahaha

omfg... :eek:

semi retirement Mike !!! I don't think so ..show them young guys how things get done to a deadline ... the kids I work with would come to a halt without us experienced guys - and can I miss behave rudely if your not here to keep a check on us ???

Don't worry Mike, whenever a 20-something needs advice, we'll just bring out Blow Up Mike and he can give out your sage counsel.

[Image: mrwaw3.png]