Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young gay conservative who dreads wearing a mask
[Image: 9xNKH7uO_400x400.jpg]

Conservative British pundit Darren Grimes has a many a groan-worthy take on the world, from campaigning in favour of Brexit (that worked out well) to launching a “safe space” for homophobes.

His latest gripe involves wearing masks in businesses — you know, that public safety measure to curb the spread of COVID-19 that’s somehow become a political issue.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced Tuesday that masks must be worn inside shops, prompting Grimes to broadcast his displeasure. No, worse. His dread.

“I know many will tell me of my selfishness for this,” he wrote on Twitter, “but I despise wearing a mask and dread the compulsory wearing of them. They’re so dehumanising. You miss a smile, you can miss dialogue and social interaction with staff. They’re the most miserable public health initiative yet.”

Well, he got one thing right. Folks were quick to point out his selfishness, as many people are missing a whole lot more than “smiles and dialogue” during this crisis.

These are some of the responses he got:

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Darren who?
[-] The following 2 members Like marshlander's post:
  • , andy

@"marshlander" think he's Ant and Dec's lovechild! Wink
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  •

I never heard of him either. From what I just googled, Grimes has been propped up by conservative think tanks and donors. During Brexit he had hundreds of thousands thrown at him despite just being a fashion student. A lot of these types usually have someone with money and an agenda to push throwing money at them to be their poster boy.

It's interesting how in Japan, everyone wears a mask without it being mandatory, and their coronavirus death rate is relatively low, while in the UK and USA, a lot of people refuse even though it's mandatory, and our death rate is the highest in the world. I also find it interesting that China managed to have a lower (official) death rate than us in the US, even though the disease originated in China, and China is more packed and crowded.

I don't really understand why people follow the advice of people like this Darren Grimes or Jenny McCarthy over scientists and medical doctors. I suspect it's something psychological.

Jenny McCarthy, an ex-Playboy model and actress, has doomed the world, when you think about it. When a vaccine is finally developed, Jenny McCarthy and her movement will be trumping up their quackery, leaving a sizable fraction of the population for the virus to continue spreading with no herd immunity. Eventually, it'll mutate and evolve into something that can cross back over into the vaccinated population. For all we know, it'll be the disease that finally drives us to extinction.

A Playboy model will cause the death of humanity. Just let that sink in.

And you try telling me this world isn't a comedy show for aliens.
[-] The following 2 members Like Chase's post:
  • , andy

Funny that he’s arguing with personal inconvenience instead of freedom as the US Covidiots do. Not that either argument holds any water.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • andy

I don't understand what the big fuss is about wearing masks. It's not like they're uncomfortable or painful.

I regularly watch figure skating competitions and they are often held in Asian countries. There is the Cup of China, and the NHK Trophy (Japan) and way before Covid, when the cameras scanned the audiences, you can see people wearing masks.

As I understand it, it's done as a basic courtesy to others.

Here in America (and other places) those who protest are only thinking of themselves.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • , andy

What a twat.
[-] The following 5 members Like Raven's post:
  • , , andy, Bookworm, InbetweenDreams

poor little boy - he misses smiles because of masks , someone should take him to an hospital Intensive care unit and show this little selfish bitch what it looks like to watch someone die of Covid as the doctors to battle in vain to save that persons life - then take him to the that persons family as they are told they passed away and listen to them cry because they could be at the bedside to hold their hand as they died ,
not even sure the privileged little shit even care would care...hed be too busy on TikTok to look up
[-] The following 4 members Like matty7's post:
  • , , andy, James

Until Mr Grimes find a vaccine for the beastly pandemic, he is (and we are) fucked. Suck it up, loser!

(07-15-2020, 06:18 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: I don't understand what the big fuss is about wearing masks.  It's not like they're uncomfortable or painful.

I regularly watch figure skating competitions and they are often held in Asian countries.  There is the Cup of China, and the NHK Trophy (Japan) and way before Covid, when the cameras scanned the audiences, you can see people wearing masks.

As I understand it, it's done as a basic courtesy to others.

Here in America (and other places) those who protest are only thinking of themselves.
I find, to be honest, that some masks are uncomfortable and not very effective, plus it's like wearing a condom, it's not really pleasurable to have to wear them, but goodness knows how we managed to curb the spread of HIV AIDS and it had to be done before other solutions were effective and -- dare I say it -- more comfortable.
The thing is to find a mask, or masks that fit-s you and aren't too bloody uncomfortable. Like condoms there are different sizes / cuts to fit different people. So grow up Mr Fuckwit. (not you Cellar!!)

Yeah some masks aren't comfortable. The KN95 are a bit harder to breathe in but it's not like you're starved of oxygen....and those do offer some measurable protection from the virus as well as from spreading it. I get that the medically frail, those with COPD might have more trouble with masks, but those people specifically should be wearing one and taking all the precautions, just as everyone else should.

@Chase I do think it is something psychological. Not sure what the root cause of this is but it is the same thing as people not acknowledging that we have kids in cages, that people of color are the victims of systemic racism. People don't see it, it doesn't effect them personally, so it doesn't matter. Kind of scary seeing just where we are as a country, the pandemic has proven what we thought was just a stereotype, or that oh just a few people are stupid and selfish when it is much more than just a few.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post: