Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite gay/GLBT book?
OMG, when i was still in highschool and just well, coming out techincally, i had this comic book, it looks like comic strips (like in a news paper) it was done in that style but it was a whole book, it was about two lesbians, their gay friend or possibly brother or something ,a child ,and a few other characters.

I loved it, unf an ex kind of stole it when we split and i haven't been able to contact her and i don't remember the friggin name of the books. I wish i could cause i would like to cause i'd like to hunt them down -.-

sephirothtx Wrote:OMG, when i was still in highschool and just well, coming out techincally, i had this comic book, it looks like comic strips (like in a news paper) it was done in that style but it was a whole book

a graphic novel ?

yes, mostly, except it was done in the style of comic strips within the book, and it was a comedy (moslty)

i tried barns n nobles which has shrunk their glbt section horribly to fit in "lifestyles" section and then i tried book books a millions which has completely iradicated theres, it wasn't in the sections i thought it might be in and as far as i saw no where else in the store.

Was it Alison Bechdel's Dykes to Watch out For?

I haven't read a lot of LGBT themed books...but I did read disco blood bath which was interesting to say the least

A few years ago I read a couple of Christopher Rice books that were not bad. Can't remember for the life of me what the titles are.

Alex Sanchez's books. I don't actually like the ones I've read, as in appreciating them as literature, they're just all really funny XD

The characters are either genuinely fun, or just so awful that you can't help but laugh ^^

I read at least one gay book a day at this stage. Only started reading them about a year ago. Most books are strong on sex and weak on story unfortunate.
Here are some of my favourites; stories where you really like the characters:

Adrien English Mysteries by Josh Lanyon

Zero At The Bone by Jane Seville

PsyCop Series by Jordan Castillo Price

Mahu: A Hawaiian Mystery - Series by Neil S. Plakcy

Latakia by JF Smith

The coming storm
The year of ice

Anarchy of The Gods, by James Ash

I don't want to spoil the plot, but the book goes into great detail about the origin of man from an epic fantasy perspective. There are lots of gods, great descriptions of the powers, and the character detail is very well done.

Speaking about the characters:
Loved them! There were many gay characters. I was impressed with the author's portrayal of the gay characters too. There was no difference between the gay and straight ones. Gay really and truly felt completely normal in this book. There were both gay and straight heroes and villains too (so they weren't one dimensional - like all gay people are the same in some movies and books).

This book was recommended to me by a friend. I just got an ipad and loaded the kindle reader app onto it over x-mass and so far I have read a few books. Some friends and I have started a book club specifically in search of books that have gay characters or books by gay authors. This book really surprised me. I have been trying to find more books by this author, but he doesn't have a website or email contact inside his books like many others.

I don't think the author intended to write a book for gay audiences, or maybe he didn't have any specific audience in mind? Either way my friends and I tagged his book so it would appear in the gay fiction section of the amazon kindle books - *shrugs*.

The ending of the book says that it will be a series, but with no way to contact the author or research him I have no idea when he will release another book. So be forewarned if you're the type of reader that wants to be able to read an entire series straight through (might want to wait and buy it when all the books are released). My friend is currently climbing the walls and I've already read the book four times!

If anyone has heard of any books where the authors treat the characters in a similar way, please let me know via PM or whatever. This book has made me consider coming out to my friends and family. If more people like me who are afraid to tell the truth come out (I'm a medical doctor and I'm afraid it might hurt my practice, super religious family, the works) then maybe we can live in a world where being gay is no big deal. Like in the world this author created.

sorry for the long post, I just really loved this book. Thanks to this book this will be my first time admitting to anyone (other than the few guys I met in school) in a public setting that I am gay. :-)